Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for my buddy.

He just purchased a Reezen 6.5 and has been shoting for a couple of days w/o any problems.

Well he just called me and said that everytime he shots the string goes past the top string supressor. It does not go past the bottom one. He said they are not loose nor do they look bent. I know it will be an easy fix, but has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you fix it.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dealer

Some times the rubber stoppers have come with softer rubber than Mathews spec'ed to the maker and the dealer should replace them and Mathews will replace his stock. This is no problem as it will be taken care of as we all know _ _ _ _ happens with suppliers.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks....Yeah he is at his league tonight....1st time with new bow and this happens. We'll be going to the dealer tomorrow. IS THIS COMMON? Thanks

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
Thanks....Yeah he is at his league tonight....1st time with new bow and this happens. We'll be going to the dealer tomorrow. IS THIS COMMON? Thanks
Yea theres a bunch of them out there it doesn't hurt anything his bow is fine.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I know his bow is fine. Just sucks to spend that much money on a bow and have this happen. I know they will replace the rubbers, but will this fix it for good? Seems that these will need replacing time and time again.

Will adding a STS stop this.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
my buddy shoots one and he has the same problem on the top. Mine just eats up the bottom one. I put a sts on it and solved the problem.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Yes mathews accidentally let a bad batch of them get out, they (the string suppressors) are made out of house and they had a bunch that were too soft. For the most part they have weeded them all out but there still are a few more.

Have him go to the dealer he got it from and they should take care of him.

·
Registered
279 Posts
they will replace them for you you can also email costomer suport and the mail you a set

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yeah, I know his bow is fine. Just sucks to spend that much money on a bow and have this happen. I know they will replace the rubbers, but will this fix it for good? Seems that these will need replacing time and time again.

Will adding a STS stop this.
It fixed mine for good and I've been shooting every day for a week.
Mine started doing it after about 10 shots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts