Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just purchased a Reezen 6.5 used. I bought it because when they were originally released it was my dream bow. “I was 18”. Problem now is immediately after purchasing it I took it to a well renowned Mathews dealer and had them change the cam because the draw was too short and had a new vapor trail string installed and had them tune it. When I picked it up I noticed the cam lean was way further than I have ever seen “bottom of the cam leaning right” and they stated it was the only way they could get it to paper tune. The rest was also as far to the inside as it could physically go. Me having been shooting and tuning my own bows for 11 years I didn’t believe them. I brought the bow home and straightened out the cam lean and set the rest to center shot or 13/16” from riser. Hard left tear when shooting, moved the rest as far right as possible still tearing left. Started putting twists back in the cable until it was shooting bullet holes realizing it was right back to where they had it with the cam leaning way right. Also cannot get my fixed blade Braodheads to hit the same poi as my field points even after paper tuning and walk back tuning/broad head tuning. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience with the Reezen. As I bought this bow used I do not have a warranty to have new limbs sent out to see if the limbs are twisted or if this is just how the Reezens tune normally. If anyone has any experience with this problem with the Reezen please let me know. PS no I am not torquing the bow and the arrows/fletching are not making contact with anything. As you can see in the picture having the cam lean as much as it is makes the limb noticeably unlevel and is wearing the serving around the top wheel already with only probably 100 shots through the new string.
D892C9C3-E569-44C9-BF2D-49E52FD63080.jpeg

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The idler lean does look like alot but nothing to worry about. That's actually pretty common with the reezen. I can't say all but a lot of them tuned like that. Mine was probably close to 5/8" even eyeballing center with riser it was way inside of 13/16". If I set it at 13/16" it was WAY left. Riser is straight. Bare shaft tuned great tho. If it tunes I wouldn't worry about it

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Set centershot at 13/16". Use the idler yoke to get BH to match FP. Always worked for me with my Solo Cam. Still have 2.

Also you may try to turn only limb bolt out 1/4 turn at a time to see if that helps. I would start with the top/idler limb. Has worked for me. Read - the cam does the work and the idler is just for the ride - so it may need less power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Set centershot at 13/16". Use the idler yoke to get BH to match FP. Always worked for me with my Solo Cam. Still have 2.

Also you may try to turn only limb bolt out 1/4 turn at a time to see if that helps. I would start with the top/idler limb. Has worked for me. Read - the cam does the work and the idler is just for the ride - so it may need less power.
i set it to centershot and tried that and had to lean the top wheel waaay to far to the point I was afraid the string was going to pull out of the track and still was tearing left :/ and bow is only set at 65 lbs right now shouldn’t be anywhere close to being to much power

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The idler lean does look like alot but nothing to worry about. That's actually pretty common with the reezen. I can't say all but a lot of them tuned like that. Mine was probably close to 5/8" even eyeballing center with riser it was way inside of 13/16". If I set it at 13/16" it was WAY left. Riser is straight. Bare shaft tuned great tho. If it tunes I wouldn't worry about it

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk
Good to know I’m just always worried when it needs something slightly drastic to tune right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts