Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a Reezen, but i see alot of them for sale used.

Is their a reason everybody is selling last years, bow other than wanting a new one (Z7).

Just a little worried about the high turn over.

just looking for opinions about it

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a reezen 7 and love it, I think two things contribute to the high turn over, one the new bows and the Z7 is really hot, secondly the "different" draw cycle of the reezen. I really dont notice anyting particular about it and it shoots so well for me that its gonna take something really good this fall for me to give it up.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
For some Reezen the Reezen was not liked by everyone but it was fast.My self, I love mine.It just flat out shoots a broadhead well.I had no plans of changing my hunting rig.Untill I brought home a Monster 7.Now if the m7 shoots a bh like the r7 I may go with the m7 cause it is a little faster.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lots of people complained about the hump in the reezen draw cycle. Then wanted to sell them to buy z7. I shoot a Reezen 7 and love it to death. perfect bow for hunting or 3d, and as long as your not over bowed the hump is no problem. I would recomend shooting the M7 for sure I will own one as soon as my budget allows.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Reezen does have a significant hump near the end of the draw cycle, but as accurate and fast as it is, I don't mind the hump with the high confidence that I have in my Reezen 6.5 :shade:

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The Reezen does have a significant hump near the end of the draw cycle, but as accurate and fast as it is, I don't mind the hump with the high confidence that I have in my Reezen 6.5 :shade:
I also didnt like the "hump" in the draw on my first Reezen (7.0 -28/70), but I just picked up another Blackout Reezen (6.5 - 28/65) and its alot better at 65#. Im still setting it up, Im almost there though and Im getting some great groups with it. I hated the Monster @ 70# and I didnt like the Reezen @ 70# either, but at a little lower poundages they are completely different drawing and shooting bows.The are EXTREMELY ACCURATE,STABLE,SHOCK FREE,QUIET, and FAST BOWS.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also didnt like the "hump" in the draw on my first Reezen (7.0 -28/70), but I just picked up another Blackout Reezen (6.5 - 28/65) and its alot better at 65#. Im still setting it up, Im almost there though and Im getting some great groups with it. I hated the Monster @ 70# and I didnt like the Reezen @ 70# either, but at a little lower poundages they are completely different drawing and shooting bows.The are EXTREMELY ACCURATE,STABLE,SHOCK FREE,QUIET, and FAST BOWS.
2x. I have a 60# 6.5 set at 55# and it's a dream to shoot.

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
I had a Reezen 6.5 and did not like the draw at all. Hard pulling all the way through and then a pronounced hump at the end :eek:
But, only thing that really matters is your opinion of it ;)

·
State With Little Bucks
12,101 Posts
Is their a reason everybody is selling last years, bow other than wanting a new one (Z7).

just looking for opinions about it
Thanks
Thats the main thing right there...
It's a great shooting bow.And I don't notice any "hump".
You want a hump draw the M6 back.;)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I love my Reezen 7. When the new bows came out, I shot the Hoyts and really thought I would want the Z7, but after shooting it for a while and then going back to my Reezen, I decided to stay with it. The Z7 is a great bow, but I didn't think the draw was that much better to justify getting rid of the Reezen. It shoots great, is quiet, has little shock and is fast. I thought the Z7 balanced better, but I like a pretty heavy stab, so that doesn't really matter to me. For what it's worth, I really liked the Maxis, just not more than the Reezen.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,624 Posts
I had a Reezen 7.0, 70#, and 28.5" draw. There is not a "hump" at the end of the draw cycle. I think for those who think there is a hump are pulling too much weight. I thought the draw was about the same as my Switchback. What I did not like was the bow was top heavy. I compounded that problem by putting a B-Stinger on it. I think if I would have played around with the balance a little bit, I could have gotten it to suite me better. I also like shorter axle to axle bows better. The Reezen just felt long to me. I now shoot a SBXT and that bow will never be sold!

·
Registered
427 Posts
It just takes some time getting use to the "HUMP". After you shot it for a while you wont even notice it. You can only be the judge of what you like and don't like.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a R7 65/29 shooting it bottomed out as my hunting rig. I like it as I have wanted a "max" cam, short ata, parallell limb bow which is basically what the Reezen is. Its got the max cam "hump" but with a much more solid back wall and a decently forgiving valley (to me). Takes a little getting used to but I can draw right thru it, even in the cold, with ease.

I also own a M7 60/29 shooing it maxed as well. The more I shoot the Monster, even at a lower poundage than the Reezen, I shoot the R7 that much better. Its still smoother (IMO) than the M7. I think its real easy to get "over bowed" with the Monsters....XLR8 and M6 much more than the M7.

The only big "negative" that I saw with the Reezen was that it ran quite a bit long in the draw, especially the first runs. I was against buying one for quite some time because of it. If someone doesnt get to shoot one first they might be in a tight when it comes to DL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts