Archery Talk Forum banner

Mathews riser FOV?

400 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  xswanted
I have never shot a Mathews, but am interested in trying one out...had a friend who is a lifelong matty guy tell me that the riser cutout restricts the field of view somewhat...he said it is his only gripe with their bows...looking for some more opinions, tell me what you think?
thanks, goindeep
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,220 Posts
I have never shot a Mathews, but am interested in trying one out...had a friend who is a lifelong matty guy tell me that the riser cutout restricts the field of view somewhat...he said it is his only gripe with their bows...looking for some more opinions, tell me what you think?
thanks, goindeep
If your buddy is having trouble with his FOV, its not because of the riser. :nono: More than likely he is shooting with a closed stance, or some other "Shooting Form" issue which is more than likely creating this problem. A bad shooting form will cause a bad anchor point, which will position you behind the bow incorrectly, etc, etc. So please don't think for a second there's a flaw in anything Mathews has ever developed in a bow, :ninja: (well there is that, grip thing) :ninja: Just don't tell anybody!! :zip: Also have your friend go to a pro shop and have someone evaluate his stance/form or better yet, have him get some pictures made, head to toe, each side, from the back, up top looking down, etc. Then post those pictures on AT & addressed to "Nuts&Bolts" this guy is awsome and will set him straight, with shooting form graphs to prove it.:wink: Hope this helps you in feeling safe about choosing the Mathews bow's, you can't go wrong. :thumb:

· Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies...like I said, I have never shot one and couldn't seem to grasp that what he was saying was that big of a deal or even existent at all. I will find out soon though, gonna go shoot the new line from them and the new line from bowtech and make a decision as to what fits me best. Until then I guess myself and the whole rest of the world will be waiting until someone "leaks" out the new mathews lineup...sure hope it comes soon...cant hardly wait.

· Unregistered User
1,748 Posts
Some of the older and lower end models had a limited field of view. I hated my FX because of it. I haven't had any issue with my Prestige, which should have the smallest field of view of any bow I own. Field of view is not a problem with my Drenalin, Switchback XT, Conquest 3, Apex, Q2, or Outback.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
FOV is not the issue here.

It is the center shot that needs to be addressed and yes Mathews bows have a close-to-the -riser center shot.

However, its really not that big of deal. I use an HHA-5519 on my DXT. Part of the housing sits behind the riser but it doesn't affect my FOV for seeing the pin.

It works just fine.

The new Mathews will be out November 15th.

· Registered
59 Posts
FOV is not the issue here.

It is the center shot that needs to be addressed and yes Mathews bows have a close-to-the -riser center shot.

However, its really not that big of deal. I use an HHA-5519 on my DXT. Part of the housing sits behind the riser but it doesn't affect my FOV for seeing the pin.

It works just fine.

The new Mathews will be out November 15th.

That isnt confirmed... Its just when the DXT was announced last year...:thumbs_up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.