Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from my local shop that since it carries Mathews bow, they basically have an agreement to not carry Bowtech, Diamond and Hoyt. Sounds like they force the shops into basically only selling mathews. I went to this shop who is listed as a Martin dealer, he told me he can't have a bow in his shop, but he could order it for me.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Not true, local shop has Mathews and Bowtech. I have seen plenty that carry Mathews along with another major brand. Your dealer just doesn't want the others for whatever reason, probably the money involved in keeping stock up and a lower profit margin based on his mark up.

Let me guess, his Mathews are probably right around $759-$799 right?

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,641 Posts
Hmmm, the shop I go too has Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech not to mention other brands.

Another shop near me the same deal. Mathews sitting right next to Hoyts on the rack.

He is indeed yanking your chain. Its his choice to not carry more brands.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I'm not sure your pro-shop is being truthful with you. I know of a number of shops that carry Mathews, Hoyts and Bowtech. The shop owners can carry other lines if they want too.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,641 Posts
I was told by my local Mathews dealer that everything he sells in his shop had to be O.K.'d by Mathews before he was allowed to sell it. He was talking about everything from Scentlock suits too hunting videos. I'm kinda glad he does'nt sell bowtech, I dont like the Mathews attitude that people have that shot and hang around in his shop. I drive almost an hour to shot indoors just so I dont have to put up with their B.S.

The shop does carry PSE, Bear, Reflex, and Hoyt....just not Bowtech, I wonder why.

I highly doubt Matt Mcpherson tells dealers what else they can sell next to his bows. Think about it, do you think Matt has time to look at every piece of inventory a Pro Shop has and then give the green light to sell their bows in their shops? Then if something is not o.k. tell them to remove it? Your dealer is mistaken.

Matt is too busy building bows and guitars! Yes guitars as that is another McPherson business! :)

As for that Mathews attitude, that is just that particular person who happens to own one, I own a Mathews but could care less what another person shoots, as long as their an archer their cool with me! :wink:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Must be a Hoyt and bowtech shop close. If not I would drop Mathews and carry the other two. Mathews make a good bow but at least at my shop Hoyt and bowtechs out sell Mathews.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,359 Posts
Our local shop carries all those different brands.

·
Registered
429 Posts
at the shop i go to they carry mathews, hoyt, bowtech, parker, bear, and i think there might be one other one there too. They just picked up the hoyt and bowtech lines because another dealer in the area went out of business and that opened up the area for another dealer to sell them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My local shop carries hoyt,mathews,pse,bear,reflex,diamond,mission,and bowtech. They droped ross and martin. Ross due to not being able to get bows:dontknow:: and Martin because of no sales(Martin doesn't really have a presance here):dontknow:. Kinda of sucks cause I really wanted to see the new firecat in person:cry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.