Archery Talk Forum banner

Mathews string suppressors

1411 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  12ring4me
does every ones mathews chew up string suppressors? or is there something wrong with my legacy? i cant get a season out of them
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Tip for you guys- get your bows in tune, after that get a new set of suppressors, clean the area that contacts the string with alcohol, let this dry, now paint this area with fletching cement or superglue, let this dry completely, install the suppressors. They now will last ALOT longer and that annoying sticking noise of the string on supressor will also be eliminated.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
If the top suppressor gets chewed up badly you got idler heel and timing issues. My top suppressor looks great after a year of shooting. I keep my bow tuned and wont shoot it if its not also

· Registered
499 Posts
I have the same problem with ware on the top string suppressor. Two months of shooting and it's about cut in half. I also got the same answer. Check specs, your bows not tuned. Well mine is tuned & in spec & I still have the same ware problem. I'm thinking of going to a STS or something next to see if that helps. I'll have to try the glue trick. :rolleyes:

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I have NEVER had a problem with any of my Mathews bows as long as they were in tune. If they get a little out of sorts though they will start eating up the rubber quickly :darkbeer:

· Registered
378 Posts
My idler wheel on my SB had some lean to it

and it seemed to eat the top one quite a bit, I got the lean out of my idler and it quit eating it so much. It seemed as if the string was not going into its natural place when it hit the groove in the supressor, it was hitting to the side of the groove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.