Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a new string and cable for my Q2XL last night, changed the cam put it all together and it seems the string on the back side of the ilder is being pulled hard to the right (looking from the back of the bow). Ok Q2XL Experts what am I missing? Do you have alot of idler leaning problems on these bows?

Steve

· Registered
1,823 Posts
sounds like you have your bus cable out of wack.
Take an arrow and hold it straight down along the idler wheel.

Note which way it is leaning. If it is leaning away from or toward your string instead of in line with it you will need to put in or take out twists from one side or the other of your bus cable. you can test it by pushing on one side or the other and seeing how the arrow moves.
Give it a shot

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading another thread somewhere, that people use a floating harness on all their bows, solid limb, single cam you name it. Wouldnt this actually make your idler lean?!?!?

· Registered
3,082 Posts
Is the cam leaning or is the string pulling hard to the right only?

Cam leaning-Did you put some extra twists in the right side of the split yoke on the cable? Because the cable and string are coming up from the right side of the bow (because of the cable guard), you have to shorten the yoke on the same side as the cable guard.

Hope this may help.

· Registered
212 Posts
Steve, with no twist in the yoke parts, try putting 2 into hte left side and 8 into the right ( from behind the bow if you're a right handed shooter ), this should get you very close to having your string track off the ider wheel straight ( baring you're not torquing the bow )

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see waht your saying, just from a quick eye ball it really looks as if the string is pulling more than the cam leaning. Whats your thoughts on a floating harness?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.