Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the Mathews Swithcback LD speed, etc. shootability any info or comments would be helpful. - Thanks

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
i have one

31'' draw 63lbs 376 grain gold tip pros 273fps i also have several ovations and have tried the apex and hoyts. i never could shoot a 33''bow because of the short string angle wouldnt let me touch my nose and keep my ancor at the same place. this bow with the high brace height seems to be the same as the 40'' ovation.this bow is not a speed demon but is the most forgiving quiet acurate bow i have owned in a long time. i dont think it will be a big seller for mathews because of the name they should have called it the switchback high brace.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I am not a Mathews shooter....but I have shot all of there bows but the Prestige.....that being said at your draw the regular Switchback or the XT would be a better choice IMHO. They both will give you alot more speed than the LD and still be just as forgiving. I have two friends shooting the XT one with a 29" draw and the other with a 29 1/2" draw.....they are both getting over 290 fps with an arrow in the 370 range at 68-70lbs. I know speed isn't everything. But if you want to shoot a heavier arrow you will still get alot more speed with the XT than the LD there is about a 20-25 fps difference between the two bows.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have LD 29" draw. Love how it shoots. My AXis 340's w/100 gr tips at 31" shot 247fps. Since I caut them down do not know what getting now.
Then Put friends Axis 400's w/90 gr tip @ 29" shot 267 fps. had it set around 65lbs.
I am shooting groups at 40 yrds I used to shoot at 30 & now shooting at 50 yrs as I was at 40. I used to have a Legacy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts