Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...Let me start by saying that personally I don't care for the TT Shakey Hunter (I know I may get some flack for that), so leaving that one out of the mix, which fall away rest do you guys that shoot the Switchback use with great success. I have used and/or owned just about every fall away rest out there at one time or another and have a couple of my favorites, but not specifically on a Mathews with the roller cable guard, like the Switchback. Incidentally, I am also considering the Whisker Biscuit as I have always loved that rest too for a hunting rig. I appreciate your input. Thanks! :D

·
74,535 Posts
I wont tell you which one I use

Because its to simple and easy to use :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switchback....

Yeah...I know what you got on there DB...nice set up even with that TT on there! :wink:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the dropzone set up on mine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I use the NAP Quicktune 2000 Dropaway RG. It's specifically designed for Mathews bows with roller guards. No strings to serve to your cable. 1 step setup to get the vertical elevation right, and 1 person can do it by them selves, don't have to have someone measure the lift while you hold the bow at full draw. Works good for me.

Rick

G

·
rest

just got a new switchback and put a wb on it had to give it a try,wow could not believe how well it works. i did have the tt ill keep the wb.
mike

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
cant go wrong with the wb

mike t said:
just got a new switchback and put a wb on it had to give it a try,wow could not believe how well it works. i did have the tt ill keep the wb.
mike
I know they are ugly, but man they are just too good not to use. I thought they were the silliest looking rest on the market and figured they were just a gimick when they were introduced, I was totally wrong, as far as I am concerned its the best hunting rest hands down.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
blue thunder

Take a look at the Schaffer.It is very light weight,easy to tune and matches your sb perfect.You can also move the prongs to craddle the arrow so it don't fall off very easy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have the Muzzy Zero Effect on mine and I absolutely love it. The "finger" that helps retain the arrow is a little long at first, but a quick trim and some mole skin and it is good to go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
QAD Ultrarest.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I put a Mathews Convertible Drop away on it. I just took it off and put a Whisker Biscuit on which is working too good. This morning I already ruined on Gold Tip Pro Hunter by shattering the back of an arrow already in the bullseye. I don't think I'll be switching back.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
TT gone, hello DZ

Started with a TT Shakey. Couldn't shut the darn thing up. I gave it the ol' college try too. When I switched to the DZ, I got the arrow to raise to the berger, measured 13/16 from the riser, and had it raise the last couple inches of draw. PERFECT bullet hole first shot, I wish I would have taken a picture it was so clean. I know they don't work like that everytime, but I was happy!

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Trophy Taker Shakey RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
OK!!!!!!!!! The Rip Cord rest is also a great fallaway rest as well. Give it a try. The local dealer sells them quicker than he can get them in..
I've been a Trophy Taker fan for years but several companys have some great rest on the market as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Had a Drop Zone on my Black Max and loved it...the design is super simple and I never had a problem with it. I have a Golden Key drop away on my Ultra Tec and love it...has LOTS of adjustment in it....and I have a QAD Ultrarest on my Switchback and I love that thing too... I haven't had any problems with it at all. I have heard that if you shoot a big fletching that it can hit the top bar...this isn't a problem with me since I shoot Blazers. In my opinion they are all GREAT drop aways :thumbs_up

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dropzone and a Mathews convertible ..... both work great. Have used the DZ for the last 3 years or so on several bows and have always been very pleased. The Mathews convertible was an impulse purchase but it has worked out well. I like the looks a little better than the DZ but can't say that it performs any better. I have tried most of the rests mentioned in the other posts and frankly all work as advertised. That said every one has its little quirks (noise, vane clearance, timing) that you have to work through to get it dialed in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a ripcord on mine and it is awsome.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
drop away

I have a muzzy zero effect on my outback and my wife has one on her mustang. I hunted with mine last season and and shot at least 3 to 4 times a week and I have not had any problems. It is a very quiet rest and very dependable. One of my buddies has one on his switchback and he hasn't had any complaints either.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I also use the schaffer on mine.. I also have one on my legacy.. One of the things i like best about this rest is that you can take it on and off and it will bolt down right back to the exact spot.. No marking the riser to get things lined back up in case you need to remove your rest..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts