Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my problem can anyone help I just bought a new Mathews Switchback XT I like how the bow shoots I am good out to 40 with it. I shoot a Quick Shot Whisker Biscuit a Beman 340 carbon on 70 lbs it weighs 464 grain. I shoot darts out of the bow with my field points but I go to shoot a broadhead fixed hear or mechanical it shoots the the left 6 or 8 inches. At the end of the shot almost it veers off. Anyone experience the same thing. I have a fall away Quad Ultra Rest I can put on the bow before season if that would help I will do that but what do you all thing any advice will be appreciated.

-Cam

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm

The rest is sqauared up perfect done it at the shop when the bow was bought, it shoots field points perfetc broadheads notta, I've never had this happen with any Mathews bow I have had in the past

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
CamSpeed said:
The rest is sqauared up perfect done it at the shop when the bow was bought, it shoots field points perfetc broadheads notta, I've never had this happen with any Mathews bow I have had in the past
The arrow is coming off the bow tail right more than likely, try moving the rest toward the broadhead group and see if field points and broadheads come together. Make small adjustments not more than 1/16" at a time. Shoot a BH then a field point. After each adjustment you will have to move the sights for both. Movig the rest to the right will bring BH to the right but will also move field points further to the right.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
My Opinion...It ain't the bow! I would take off the WB and try your drop away...what do ya have to lose? I think you will find it will be a lot easier to get things tuned.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you can see your arrow start to veer of durring flight, check your head for allignment. When you are sure your broadheads are perfect, then tune your bow so the fp & bh group together

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The biscuit has nothing to do with it.Move your rest as suggested and you will get them to shoot together.Common problem.

·
Banned
2,136 Posts
My experience with the biscuit is it can give a false paper tune. I would walk back tune instead. You don't need a drop away rest. Although its not a bad idea. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bow Tune

Thanks for the advice ya'll, I have a 110.00 Quad Ultra Rest I bought this summer and I went back to my WB just for simplicity reasons. I had a Mathews LX couple years back had no problem shooting field points to broadheads. Just tonight I was shooting spots on my Block target with my SB Xt with feild points, the thing shoots good and all but broadheads I've not really sat down a whole lot and fired a bunch I just got the bow Friday eveing :). If I can't figure things out I will call Mathews and ask for tech support they've always gave me good advice.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
You have got all the advice you need right here about your rest adjustments. You shouldnt have to call Mathews at all.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am having the same kind of problems with my XT. My groups wander and field tips and broadheads wouldn't group togther. My center-shot was perfect according to the lazer. What I found was that the big grip on the XT was causing me to torque the bow bad. This is my first Mathews, changing from a Hoyt Vipertec, so the grips are a big difference for me. I have a new custom grip ordered. I hope it clears my proplem up. I would guess either your center shot is off a bit or you may have a torque issue like I did/do! I would have never guessed I was torquing the bow, my hand feels good on the grip, just causes me to have bad form when shooting.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Switchback Kid said:
My experience with the biscuit is it can give a false paper tune. I would walk back tune instead. You don't need a drop away rest. Although its not a bad idea. :)
That was my thought to, I helped a friend recently paper tune his bow and with the whisker biscuit on it it was damn near impossible, so rather than test my patience we changed his rest and had it tuned in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
CamSpeed said:
Thanks for the advice ya'll, I have a 110.00 Quad Ultra Rest I bought this summer and I went back to my WB just for simplicity reasons. I had a Mathews LX couple years back had no problem shooting field points to broadheads. Just tonight I was shooting spots on my Block target with my SB Xt with feild points, the thing shoots good and all but broadheads I've not really sat down a whole lot and fired a bunch I just got the bow Friday eveing :). If I can't figure things out I will call Mathews and ask for tech support they've always gave me good advice.
you just got good advice...........try it

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
A WB can be a pain to tune.
Also some shops are settign up the Switchabck with lazer levela nd quides which I have been told cant be donme on the new bow.
start at 13/16 center of shaft to riser and paper tune from there.
Also make sure the biscut itself is 90* to the shelf.
Had that issue once and it drove me nuts tryig to tune it.
Most shops just eye that and the hieght across the rest bolt hole.
make sure for yourself with an accurate ruler.
JMO

·
Registered
69 Posts
went through same thing.. going nuts! Switched to 4" feathers ... So happy it was the simple end instead of changing out shafts, BH's, rest... etc....

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
VTbowman said:
A WB can be a pain to tune.
Also some shops are settign up the Switchabck with lazer levela nd quides which I have been told cant be donme on the new bow.
start at 13/16 center of shaft to riser and paper tune from there.
Also make sure the biscut itself is 90* to the shelf.
Had that issue once and it drove me nuts tryig to tune it.
Most shops just eye that and the hieght across the rest bolt hole.
make sure for yourself with an accurate ruler.
JMO
invest in a rest assured,simple little tool that works like a charm.cost $7-8. it will center the arrow in quick time..............

·
Registered
69 Posts
something is really messed up with your set up. so many things could be off. BF shoots XT and he only drops 2-3 inches at 30 yards.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is this Crazy or What

Get this well today I got my contacts from the eye doctor I come home and shoot my XT and the broadheads are driving tacks right with the field points does that make any sense. I didn't change a thing. I never could shoot near as good with glasses on. The bow is flat out shooting so good I don't want to change a thing. Thanks all for your advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a hoyt and i shot the broadheads and they did the same things. then i bought the crimson and talons and they absoulutly took care of the problem they shot right on. hope this helps

1 - 20 of 20 Posts