Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with youth 3-d and the Tactic. I’m looking at getting a new bow my son can use. He shot the Mission youth bow for awhile. I would do the 50lb limbs and he can pull low 40’s now. He would also use it to hunt. Thought as he grows I could get 60lb limbs. Any thoughts and experiences is appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with youth 3-d and the Tactic. I’m looking at getting a new bow my son can use. He shot the Mission youth bow for awhile. I would do the 50lb limbs and he can pull low 40’s now. He would also use it to hunt. Thought as he grows I could get 60lb limbs. Any thoughts and experiences is appreciated.
I would ask if you are looking at the Tactic due to price point. If so, then yes, it's a decent bow. I had one for a while and it was nice. But in your case, if you aren't too worried about budget I would angle you towards the Prima. Yes, it's labelled as a "women's bow", but the reality is that it is designed for shorted draw lengths and weights. The shop I go to, the owner has his 11 year old son shooting the Prima for hunting, because it is still pretty quick at the shorter specs. He managed to get a pass through on a hog at 43lbs. I would just say that for a youth, the best Mathews is the Prima, it will be a faster, flatter shooting bow than the Tactic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts