Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all you guys out there who seem to think it makes a difference what make of bow you shoot just remember that all the hype coming from different manufacturers is only ther to sell you a new bow and keep the profits rolling in for whichever bow manufactureris top of the pile this month/year im sure there are bows that were made in the past that will never be bettered But that's no good for the maker of todays products just because it's new /different don't mean it's better usually just more expensive

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Beating a dead horse

I'm with Martin shooter. Enough is enough, there has been more than enough negative on this site. let it go and move on.:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
you go,Martin shooter..that horse is not only dead,theres nothin left but dust...i agree.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Do a search for the other 120938201 threads on this pointless debate.

I'm sure you'll find hours of reading pleasure.

I've shot bows from both companies, and both make excellent bows. Its not the bow, its the shooter that matters! :) Everything else is simply personal preference, and in preference there is no "better".

·
Registered
644 Posts
"Make the bad man stop!"

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
this dead horse has been brought back from the dead SOOOOO many times. let the poor thing RIP!!!;) easton94

·
Registered
46,224 Posts
Duuhhhhh!

Land keeper where have you been???? Just crawl out from a rock or what?

We all know, What advertising is. We don't care we want to spend our hard earned money on what ever we want.

I like to spend my money on Mathews!!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ignorant responses

now now there's no need to insult anybody i have already attempted to bury the horse if you could be bothered to read that response

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
WILBUUUUUUUUUUUR WILBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR. Please stop beating me? Can't I just rot in peace?

Mr Ed.

·
Registered
46,224 Posts
Landkeeper

I thought you were just joking on this post didn't mean to insult only playing along!!!

Buy what you like, shoot what ya bring.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Its a dead horse to anyone who spends a fair amount of time on the forum.

No more Hoyt vs. Mathews, PLEASE;) :D :D :D

Tyler

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
SC- Do you READ at all?!

The point of the saying "You're beating a dead horse" is not that some people don't still find fascination in the topic. The meaning is that there are no NEW ideas being expressed, and the comments being made now are simply old ideas being rehashed.

This "discussion" has simply been turned into a brand bashing contest. By all means, if people want to continue to vent, let them. But I, for one, don't see anything new coming out of the recent postings.

-----

IC

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Indychris;

..."meaning is that there are no NEW ideas being expressed, and the comments being made now are simply old ideas being rehashed...This "discussion" has simply been turned into a brand bashing contest."

I think you mean a ranting contest...

;)

-CG

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I would tend to believe that if the horse were beaten/dead the ads wouldn't still be used in all the magazines.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's my observation...

·
Registered
212 Posts
see what you people think to me every time people on here pi$$ and moan on here about Mathews aren't they just keeping Mathews in the public eye ??? if it's not a add in a magazine it's a thread on this web site, so to me Mathews is getting their moneys worth because any thread on here has anywhere from 1000 to 3000+ hits to lookand see what it's about, to me that's FREE advertising !!!!!! Keep up the good work !!!! LOL :D :D

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
CG- I stand...er...sit corrected!

Must be a thesaurus problem:p

BT_S- I guess I'm not sure what the issue being beaten to death on AT has to do with the ads appearing in Magazines. It's one thing to repeat ads in a magazine that is attempting to consistently reach a new audience, but another altogether, IMO, when mostly the SAME posters go back and forth regarding H-M-BT.

Besides, I'm not convinced that just because someone repeats a topic, then it must not be a "dead-horse" issue. In fact, isn't the ENTIRE POINT of the idiom that people tend to discuss isssues into redundancy?

Speaking of which, WHY AM I STILL POSTING ON THIS ISSUE?:rolleyes:

-----
IC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts