Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my V3x today and I absolutely love it, holds and shoots like a dream. My only complaint is I’m having some weird buzz coming from my sight. I’m not going to cut my carbon bar or anything and I don’t think it would be coming from that but has anyone else experienced this issue? I checked my nuts and bolts on the sight and everything is tight!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The 29 I got has a pretty noticable vibration as well. More than my V3 and VXR. I also have a landslyde dovetail but I took the sight off the bow and it still does it. I have a few things in gonna try tomorrow to see if fixes the problem. I will report back.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If you have a sidebar, check the caps/screws on the sidebar mount. Saw that one time on Chris’s Bee YouTube.

Other than that could be a mod screw or something small. Check and check every screw again especially on the axcel where there are screws on top of screws.. check them all again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If you have a sidebar, check the caps/screws on the sidebar mount. Saw that one time on Chris’s Bee YouTube.

Other than that could be a mod screw or something small. Check and check every screw again especially on the axcel where there are screws on top of screws.. check them all again

I've went over mine a few times and can't find anything wrong with it. It may just be one of those bows that has vibration. Some do and some don't in my experience.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've wondered if one set screw was enough to secure that dovetail, but I'm a little surprised anyone saying Axcel having too much rattle... it almost looks like they designed that cut out for the Axcel sight.

I guess this would be obvious, but if you take the sight off and it doesn't buzz... then it's the sight. If you attach the sight with the side mount and it doesn't buzz, then it's the dovetail. Process of elimination

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
1,048 Posts
I thought the Axcel sights all had those tiny screws behind the scope or second axis adjustment that were coming loose and making that noise. They’re tiny Allen head screws.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll investigate it a little more tomorrow and get back to you guys, glad I reached out. I’m kinda frustrated though that it’s buzzing but it should be an easy fix. Bow shoots lights out though, no issue with that

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 29 I got has a pretty noticable vibration as well. More than my V3 and VXR. I also have a landslyde dovetail but I took the sight off the bow and it still does it. I have a few things in gonna try tomorrow to see if fixes the problem. I will report back.

That’s interesting because when I take my sight off, noise is gone. I’m running their qad rest however and have been really happy with it. First shot bullet hole which I was super happy with

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
That’s interesting because when I take my sight off, noise is gone. I’m running their qad rest however and have been really happy with it. First shot bullet hole which I was super happy with
Yeah, I'm using the QAD integrate rest as well. I sure wish I could figure out what it is. Everyone I've talked to says they are absolutely dead in the hand and quiet as a church mouse. Really frustrating

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm using the QAD integrate rest as well. I sure wish I could figure out what it is. Everyone I've talked to says they are absolutely dead in the hand and quiet as a church mouse. Really frustrating

Me too, let me know what you figure out! I just find it hard to believe that the Mathews 5 pin that Axcel makes is made up of the exact same material that my carbon bar is made of so I feel like it can’t be my bar rattling

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anybody have any answers lol? Literally checked every bolt and tolerance, even mounted it the “standard” way and still buzzin like me after 10 beers lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had noise issues with my landslyde and sent it back to Truball. It came back in 2-3 weeks with a work order stating they had tightened a screw. Sorry, this was a month and a half ago so I can’t remember what screw they said. And, of course I tossed the work order. It was quieter but I could still hear some noise or vibration in it, bothering me enough that I did not hunt with. Disappointed yes

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
1,048 Posts
I’d just go through the sight and make sure every little screw is tight. Check AC unlocks if you have them and look all around the 2nd axis. On the accutouch there’s two little hidden set screws behind the second axis that cause a buzz if they come loose.

·
Miller Time
2,669 Posts
When my Landslyde came in, I had already read this thread Landslyde noisy?
So I checked every single bolt, set screw and buffer piece. About half of them were hand tight at best. After setting the axis and tightening evening down there was still a slight vibe after the shot. I narrowed it down to the little set screws that clamp the buffers to the adjustment rails. It’s a fine line between loose and so tight that it won’t move. Just have to play with it a bit to get it right. And before anyone says that you shouldn’t have to do any of this when you pay $400 plus for a sight I completely agree! I like to know how things work in the case of failure so wasn’t as much of a big deal, but understand the frustration.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts