Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Geez… and I was looking at buying this sight and you guys are making me second guess that decision.

·
Miller Time
3,022 Posts
I internally debated posting this but maybe someone will have a solution.
With a standard Axcel scope and barrel the vibe was noticeably less than with a UV3 and barrel. The UV almost seems to amplify the resignation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you tighten these two little bitty screws? Seems like I heard they have to be tightened exactly the same on both sides. The two right above my thumb.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the idea Joe, those are the two screws I haven’t checked yet. Hoping this is the cause, taking it into the pro shop Monday to get it checked out

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Buzzing can usually be tracked down and fixed, but some individual bows do vibrate more than other identical bows. I read somewhere that it can be down to how accurately the axle holes are drilled through the limbs. If a bow vibrates, take everything off except D loop and go from there to track down the culprit. I have two TRX40s set up the same in terms of poundage, DL etc. Both are dead bare bow. One vibrates a lot more than the other with an identical stabiliser and sight set up. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Buzzing can usually be tracked down and fixed, but some individual bows do vibrate more than other identical bows. I read somewhere that it can be down to how accurately the axle holes are drilled through the limbs. If a bow vibrates, take everything off except D loop and go from there to track down the culprit. I have two TRX40s set up the same in terms of poundage, DL etc. Both are dead bare bow. One vibrates a lot more than the other with an identical stabiliser and sight set up. Go figure.
Finally, someone that knows what I'm taking about.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine is not the bow... I tried it on 3 different bows. It made noticeably more noise than the sight that was on each prior to trying it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Mine is not the bow... I tried it on 3 different bows. It made noticeably more noise than the sight that was on each prior to trying it.
Did you try tightening the two little screws I suggested to the OP?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's usally the culprit. It was on mine and several others I've talked to about it.

You nailed it Jay, now that v3x 33 is quieter than a mouse! Thanks a ton, you helped a lot!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you tighten these two little bitty screws? Seems like I heard they have to be tightened exactly the same on both sides. The two right above my thumb.

I wish I could like this post 100x. My accutouch was vibrating, so I did a search here and found this thread. I didn’t even know these screws were on the sight because they are fairly well hidden on the accustom hole. One of these little screws was not tightened much. I had to completely loosen my third axis adjustment and remove it all where it attaches at the third axis adjustment to reach these guys, but the second I tightened these the little bit of slop and vibration went away. I love the sight, so I’m happy to have it vibration and rattle free.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anybody have any answers lol? Literally checked every bolt and tolerance, even mounted it the “standard” way and still buzzin like me after 10 beers lol
Similar situation for me once. It was so frustrating then I figured it was the rheosta site light. It cam lose and never checked it.

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,403 Posts
I wish I could like this post 100x. My accutouch was vibrating, so I did a search here and found this thread. I didn’t even know these screws were on the sight because they are fairly well hidden on the accustom hole. One of these little screws was not tightened much. I had to completely loosen my third axis adjustment and remove it all where it attaches at the third axis adjustment to reach these guys, but the second I tightened these the little bit of slop and vibration went away. I love the sight, so I’m happy to have it vibration and rattle free.
The Accutouch is notorious for that and can be a real pain. I have had zero issues with my Landslyde.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts