Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a bowtech guy for 5 years now and never had an issue. I have an 09 admiral and it has done me very well. I went looking today and shot a Z7 extreme and the Helim. I liked both bows. They both are very smooth draw and i shot decent groups from two bows that werent really set up for me. They were both around 60lbs 5lbs less that my admiral and what a difference. I didnt realize how much smoother they were until I came home and put a couple arows down range with the bowtech. My question is the valley isnt very noticeable on either the z7 or the helim. Is that something you just need to get used to? I am hoping there are guys that have switched and can relate to what i am asking. thanks

·
Registered
24,755 Posts
The valley will be shorter than you are used to and it is something your muscle memory will get used to within a few weeks. I like the overall balance and feel of the Helim. Wouldn't mind having one myself

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just cant believe the difference. The helim is really nice and I like it better. I am going to shoot them again tomorrow and see if I feel the same way.
The biggest difference to me was weight but once its loaded up are you really going to notice that much. I dont think I will but if I do ill have to live with it.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I really liked shooting the heli-m. As mentioned it doesn't have the best valley out there, however, the more you shoot it the less noticable it becomes.
Once you get used to the draw cycle you don't even notice the lack of a valley, only what a smooth shooting bow it is. If it wasn't for the price I would have
taken one home myself, just couldn't justify the cost. Great bow though.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Well, don't stop there. Shoot all the new bows you can get your hands on and see what's best for you.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I have been a bowtech guy for 5 years now and never had an issue. I have an 09 admiral and it has done me very well. I went looking today and shot a Z7 extreme and the Helim. I liked both bows. They both are very smooth draw and i shot decent groups from two bows that werent really set up for me. They were both around 60lbs 5lbs less that my admiral and what a difference. I didnt realize how much smoother they were until I came home and put a couple arows down range with the bowtech. My question is the valley isnt very noticeable on either the z7 or the helim. Is that something you just need to get used to? I am hoping there are guys that have switched and can relate to what i am asking. thanks
Have you tried a newer bowtech with the binary overdrive cams? They are smooth and have a valley.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i was once a bowtech guy myself i had a tomkat then a general then an assassin played around with an invasion. i bought a z7x after shooting my father in laws z7, i was trying to one up him like he does to me lol. after shooting a single cam awhile i really missed the back wall i had with my bowtechs and the speed of two cams and about that time i found the mr6 which i believe was created for me lol.it is a little heavy but i am a big guy and i dont mind it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the z7 extreme. So far so good im driving tacks at 20 yds and the valley is a non issue now. I can't with for the weather to break so I can dial in the rest of the pins. The only issue I've had is I need a bigger peep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
I went with the z7 extreme. So far so good im driving tacks at 20 yds and the valley is a non issue now. I can't with for the weather to break so I can dial in the rest of the pins. The only issue I've had is I need a bigger peep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Enjoy the z7. I love my z7x tactical. Very smooth. Quiet. People at the range can't believe how quiet my bow is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts