Archery Talk Forum banner

mathews or hoyt you choose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a research paper in my english class and i decided to do mathews vs hoyt. if you dont shoot either of them pick the one you would if you had to choose. since this is for research the more votes the better. anyone who posts may be quoted in my paper.

one last thing... ABSOLUTLY NO FLAMING. if you want to flame find a different thread

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can I ask what exactly is the assignment? I am a little confused to as what you are being asked to write about. I see from your avatar (Mathews) that you have a potentially biased opinion. Maybe the survey is a good idea but how are you going to use the results from this survey? Are you going to state in your paper, "based on a survey created on ArcheryTalk.com members show a 60% preference towards [brand] bows over [brand]"? If your assignment is to actually compare the two bow manufactures you may want to consider the history of each company. Maybe talk about what each company produces. Hoyt produces compound and recurve bows while Mathews only produces compound bows. You have to look at the differences in the brands and not just say for example "Mathew's produces a faster bow than Hoyt so they are better". I could go on with my questioning here but if you could post the actual assignment maybe people could be more helpful. As of right now it seems as if all you are only asking for a response to a survey which is asking which we bow we shoot. When you say that "anyone who post may be quoted in your paper" what kind of post are you expecting?
first of all i am sorry that i didnt explain it better in the first post. i was looking at this more like a coke vs pepsi thing than what do you shoot. you nailed it on the stat in the paper. I plan to compare the two companies history and a comparison of the z7 and probably the maxxis 31. for the quotes i just want peoples opinions with reasoning behind them. such as an above poster put that he chose mathews because of the service they have given him since day one. I hope this answers some of the questions, if there are any others ill try to answer them as they come up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.