Archery Talk Forum banner

mathews or hoyt you choose

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Id run down a deer and chew its legs off before I shot a Mathews bow.. that being said... I choose Hoyt cause I have shot them in the past and they are one of the best bows on the market! I dont currently shoot one now.. so Im not bias!!

Good luck with your poll and this post!! Hope you get an A+++++

· Registered
171 Posts
I go with Mathews because I love the product, they put a ton of money in charity, NASP, etc... and have an amazing warranty, resale value, and are as accurate as anything on the market.

with that being said, Hoyt still makes a great product, and if Mathews wasn't around, that is probably what I would shoot.

I also like how there is only one size string and cable set for each bow model with Mathews, where Hoyt's can be different.

Both great bows though! :thumbs_up
NASP ain't charity...they are making a ton on money on that program.

I voted Hoyt, they are well made and perform great and have been a lot more reliable for me than the others I have shot.

· Registered
227 Posts
I chose Hoyt and am shooting an AM32. With that said I didn't choose my bow because it was a Hoyt, I chose it because of the bows performance and the excellent deal I got on it. I looked at Mathews, PSE and Martin as well. It wasn't easy as I had a lot of trouble finding bows I could shoot set up for a 26.5-27" draw.

· Registered
715 Posts
While I am savvy on the technical side of archery and the various benefits and drawbacks of each design etc etc, and I currently own and shoot bows from BOTH companies, my vote went with Mathews for a couple of reasons:

1) I shoot my Mathews Drenalin more frequently than my Hoyt 38 Pro.

2) I hunt with my Mathews.

3) I personally shoot that Drenalin as good or better than any other bow I have ever owned and I have a tremendous amount of confidence in it.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
I voted Hoyt...why...???

Limbs..Hoyt wins! Grip...no brainer Hoyt, repeatable and very forgiving, cam lean and how my Fixed bladed broadheads shoot, I be go to hell Hoyt again. Oh and I beat the hell out of my bows when I hunt....ok, ok you win I would buy a Hoyt

· Registered
271 Posts
Id run down a deer and chew its legs off before I shot a Mathews bow.. that being said... I choose Hoyt cause I have shot them in the past and they are one of the best bows on the market! I dont currently shoot one now.. so Im not bias!!

Good luck with your poll and this post!! Hope you get an A+++++
Whys that?

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Being disabled, I need a lightweight bow with a short draw length, so I went with Mathews. Hoyt only has kids bows in this nitch, except for the 1600 carbon matrix.
How short of draw length are you????

· Registered
2,735 Posts
why i picked hoyt::::
1 grip, hoyts thin and slender grip,i hate the fat bulky mathews grip but thats me.
2 weight, i like a heavy bow my bows are around 8-9 lbs by the time i am done with them.
3 draw length,i have a 32 inch draw and hoyt has lots of bows that go that long and i like the fact that they are adjustable when i first started shooting i shot off the string so i had the bow set at 32 inch draw as i shot i switched to a loop and and ended up seting the bow at 31.5 inch draw with a 1/2 inch loop, i did not have to buy cams...
4 they are built like a tank they take abuse all day long.
5 when single cams first came out i tryed them and did not like the draw cycle so i stayed with hoyt,not saying they are not better now but if it aint broke.

· Registered
395 Posts
[/QUOTE said:
Really all I was trying to say was forgiveness...I prefer a vert bow mainly because I don't like the crossbow-not because of what it is but more because of what I am doing,when that time comes ,much like a perfectly made martini.
We scout, we look for area to hunt ,heck we spent the easter holiday working on our climbers at the local gun club.In the end I am just looking for the best archery tackle available that allows me to do what I need when I need it.
I can also say (hahaha)that I wouldn't chew the leg off of most anything unless I liked it.
I have hunted a specific buck(didn't get him but got a shot and made my own mistake) ,taken quite a few and have spent my time in the woods...in the end I have no brand loyalty.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Business vs Engineering

Bow builders (Engineers) ----> Hoyt

Marketing (what most will believe/buy) ----> Mathews

· Registered
424 Posts
both

last four bows were 2 hoyts and 2 mathews

i trust a hoyt dropped out of a tree stand or dry fired there tough!

mathews dropped or dryfired, not so much, go to a local shop and ask to see a cam on a mathews that has been dryfired!

they both shoot great and i would shoot anything either company makes, but if let in the wild with only one choice for survival i might have to take a hoyt!

· Registered
3,588 Posts
uuuuhhh you took the bait.....

The "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" saying has its origins in the military. With that context the meaning is fairly obvious: moving fast, or rushing it, is reckless and will likely get you killed. If you move slowly, carefully and deliberate however, you are really moving as fast as you can without needlessly increasing the risk on your life.

The expression comes from the rifle range-it is what the instructors say to the people being trained regarding loading and unloading- aiming etc-it is a marine corps expression from the range that bleed over into other areas and then into the civilian world.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
How fast are you??????

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.