Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I own 3 Mathews and 1 PSE !

The New model Reesens and Monster bows are so unbalanced and
Fall forward in your hand I cannot imagine even putting a stabilizer on them !!

All of the New Pse seem to have a great Balance to them and perfect balance with a small limbsaver stabilizer !

Is it just me or is the Balance WAY OFF with the New Matthews ?

Just drew one of the new Bow Madness HD and Wow Light Fast and Balanced ?

May have 3 Older Mathews for sale soon :wink:

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
YEp, imho the balance isnt too great... I would put a set of Vbars on either one and have a small stabilizer if any b/c they fall right down.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
i personally don't like any really top heavy bow....i prefer them to just sit where i want them without a lot of back weight...

you do realize you will get flamed for comparing those brands and saying that the certain brand feels better to you and balances better.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
First off I own 3 Mathews and 1 PSE !

The New model Reesens and Monster bows are so unbalanced and
Fall forward in your hands I cannot imagine even putting a stabilizer on them !!

All of the New Pse seem to have a great Balance to them and perfect balance with a small limbsaver stabilizer !

Is it just me or is the Balance WAY OFF with the New Matthews ?

Just drew one of the new Bow Madness HD and Wow Light Fast and Balanced ?

May have 3 Older Mathews for sale soon :wink:
I agree would never shoot one. I can understand falling back some and actually like that so I can play with stabilizer weight. But what do you do with a seriously top heavy forward falling hunting bow:confused:
not for me

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i personally don't like any really top heavy bow....i prefer them to just sit where i want them without a lot of back weight...

you do realize you will get flamed for comparing those brands and saying that the certain brand feels better to you and balances better.

Like I started the thread ,,, I own 3 older mathews bows and the feel of the Pse's are more thought out with the balance aspect !

Also I have shot the old mathews for so long I have now fell in love with PSE's narrow grips.

·
Registered
534 Posts
oh boy. this is gonna get ugly.

For what it's worth, I agree. Two things I immediately noticed about the Reezen & Monster:

1. They are both great looking rigs.

2. Both were top-heavy, with the Monster seeming excessively so to me.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh boy. this is gonna get ugly.

For what it's worth, I agree. Two things I immediately noticed about the Reezen & Monster:

1. They are both great looking rigs.

2. Both were top-heavy, with the Monster seeming excessively so to me.
I agree the fit and finish of the Mathews look and feel better than the PSE ,
but when you go to a archery shop and pick up one of the Mathews the top limb starts heading for the floor !!!!

What do they feel like when you put a stabilizer , and a sight that sticks out past the riser just a little much less on a long dove tail !!!

and when you start adding weights and stabilizer bars to a over 4 lb NAKED Bow ???????????

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i have the monster, q2 and outback. the monster is more top heavy but i love it! the bow feels great to me. with all the accessories on it really feels good. at full draw it is also very nice. that is just my opinion

·
Registered
98 Posts
Monster Reezen

The Monster is top heavy at rest. When drawn back the bow totally rebalances for some reason! I love the monster at full draw! The Reezen stays a little top heavy! I have put a couple thousand arrows through the reezen and now I'm getting to play with the Monster! I like the Monster alot more! I have my own Mathews dealership so I shoot every day....Alot.:wink:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I shoot a Reezen with a B-Singer 11oz. weight. Probably go up to a heaver weight later this year. With the added B-Stinger making it even more top heavy I can hold this bow almost rock solid at full draw. And without the B-Stinger, while holding the bow without pulling it back, it is top heavy. But when pulled back at full draw, perfect balance for me.

Did anyone that thought they where top heavy pull them back and still think they where top heavy and unbalanced?

·
Registered
676 Posts
To some it may seem top heavy when picked up and looked at while being basically a bare bow, after you add your normal accessories and then shoot it you will find that the feel and shot is very balanced and without any forward kick.

This bow as well as the Reezin, are dead in the hands when shot, there was no indication that the bow wanted to tip side to side or tip forward.
It’s all part of the balance to have a bow when completely setup, drawn back and mainly when fired to be rock solid and dead in the hands.

This is why so many that actually shot the bows stated that it points so well; your pin just sits there until the shot goes off and then fired without hardly any recoil.

This is just my observation and opinion,

I’m just glad there’s so much to choose from now days when it comes to archery equipment, find something you like and shoot it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I shoot a Reezen with a B-Singer 11oz. weight. Probably go up to a heaver weight later this year. With the added B-Stinger making it even more top heavy I can hold this bow almost rock solid at full draw. And without the B-Stinger, while holding the bow without pulling it back, it is top heavy. But when pulled back at full draw, perfect balance for me.

Did anyone that thought they where top heavy pull them back and still think they where top heavy and unbalanced?

WOW! Someone who actually knows whats up and what a stabilizer is for! All this top heavy talk is totally BS. Hum, I wonder why the PRO'S put those long stabilizers on there bows, maybe because they are bottom heavy - NOT!!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
WOW! Someone who actually knows whats up and what a stabilizer is for! All this top heavy talk is totally BS. Hum, I wonder why the PRO'S put those long stabilizers on there bows, maybe because they are bottom heavy - NOT!!!
wow.....and i thought a long stabilizer was to help balance the bow and slow the movement of the bow therefore helping the archer to hold on the target better, along with some having built in vibration dampening systems (wow, who would've thought )....the pro's put on what will help them get the money and what they are PAID to shoot.....you will notice a lot of back weight on them too.....it's up to the person and what feels good or ok to them....a better balanced bow will help some where some like a more top heavy feel...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I used to balance my bows to where they would balance on a needle at rest. Once I got tired of the rest slamming into the back of my hand, I started putting alot of weight in the front. I shoot a B-Stinger 12" 17 oz. for my BHFS set-up and a B-Stinger XL 34" long with 7 oz. in the front of that one. I use a side weight, but not alot in the back! On the shot, the bow goes straight toward the target and then down!

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Shot both reezens and the monster and no top heavy feel for me. Definitely need to shoot the pse though

·
Registered
152 Posts
The reezen and the monster do feel really to heavy, but at full draw they both balance out really well. It really doesn't make sence, but at full draw the bow holds steadier than any mathews i have owned it the past.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used to balance my bows to where they would balance on a needle at rest. Once I got tired of the rest slamming into the back of my hand, I started putting alot of weight in the front. I shoot a B-Stinger 12" 17 oz. for my BHFS set-up and a B-Stinger XL 34" long with 7 oz. in the front of that one. I use a side weight, but not alot in the back! On the shot, the bow goes straight toward the target and then down!
Wow that would be great using that 34" B-Stinger out of your treestand :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I agree would never shoot one. I can understand falling back some and actually like that so I can play with stabilizer weight. But what do you do with a seriously top heavy forward falling hunting bow:confused:
not for me

If you would never shoot one then you don't know if you like it or not.
I never dreamed I would've liked the X Force.
I shot it and bought two of them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not for nothing, have you ever watched Drury Outdoors, Wildlife Obsession 11? They get the new Dream Season Bows from PSE on this DVD. Watch how everyone draws them while on stand and taking aim at a deer...seems like a lot of movement when coming to full draw, as they fall into the valley...during one sequence, the guy had to reposition his arrow, because it started to fall off the rest...Terry Drury actually got busted while drawing, because of the movement of coming to full draw...I have never shot a PSE, I'm just stating observations about that bow in the field....BTW, I have a Reezen 6.5 on order....top heavy? a little, but not at full draw.:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts