Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Official AT Video Content Providers
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you can't see the embedded video above, here is a direct link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDT9zGf2lb4

A number of viewers have asked me to compare the new Mathews VXR with prior year Mathews bows, so I figured I'd do a head-to-head comparison between the VXR 31.5 and the Vertix.

In this video I'll look at draw cycle, valley, speed, noise and vibration and let you know whether I would consider upgrading to the new VXR models from the Vertix.

·
Registered
116 Posts
your not helping me out...lol
looking to get a new bow but can't make up my mind which one!!!

i'm 6'1" with a 29.5 draw length
i like 34" to 35" ATA bows but mathews caught my eye with the VXR 31.5 and the TRAVERSE

what i like about the bows
TRAVERSE: ata and brace height
VXR: switch weight mods system

·
The Official AT Video Content Providers
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your not helping me out...lol
looking to get a new bow but can't make up my mind which one!!!

i'm 6'1" with a 29.5 draw length
i like 34" to 35" ATA bows but mathews caught my eye with the VXR 31.5 and the TRAVERSE

what i like about the bows
TRAVERSE: ata and brace height
VXR: switch weight mods system
I have no experience with the Traverse, so I can't be of much help there. I'm a similar size to you (6' 2" with a 29.5-30 DL) and I've only recently started to enjoy shooting shorter bows. I'd say I've shot the Vertix and the Hoyt Carbon Defiant as well as I have any hunting bows - right with the Centergy Hybrid. The new Bowtechs are worth checking out, too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have no experience with the Traverse, so I can't be of much help there. I'm a similar size to you (6' 2" with a 29.5-30 DL) and I've only recently started to enjoy shooting shorter bows. I'd say I've shot the Vertix and the Hoyt Carbon Defiant as well as I have any hunting bows - right with the Centergy Hybrid. The new Bowtechs are worth checking out, too.
well thank's to youI'VE DONE LOST MY MIND
I BOUGHT THE VXR 31.5 LAST NIGHT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts