Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a VXR for a couple months now; I've attempted few different arrow configurations and for some reason my VXR cannot shoot blazers without cable contact. Bareshafts shoot bullets, centershot is at 13/16, arrow runs dead center through berghole. For some reason I just cannot shoot blazers without cable contact.

I'm not sure if others are experiencing this as well; I nock index my arrows so turning the nock is not an option, it would require refletching my cock vane at 10 o'clock. I personally don't even want to shoot blazers, I'm just curious if others are experiencing the same issue on the VXR and other Mathews bows.

I've seen some shooting Blazers on the VXR and i'm not sure if they have fletching contact and just don't know or for some reason their rig doesn't have issues.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
That's odd...following

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
928 Posts
Look into the bohning heat vanes. I have the same problem but I don’t have a vxr. I did a lot of looking around and people say there is no noticeable difference in accuracy in comparison
To blazers

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've had a VXR for a couple months now; I've attempted few different arrow configurations and for some reason my VXR cannot shoot blazers without cable contact. Bareshafts shoot bullets, centershot is at 13/16, arrow runs dead center through berghole. For some reason I just cannot shoot blazers without cable contact.

I'm not sure if others are experiencing this as well; I nock index my arrows so turning the nock is not an option, it would require refletching my cock vane at 10 o'clock. I personally don't even want to shoot blazers, I'm just curious if others are experiencing the same issue on the VXR and other Mathews bows.

I've seen some shooting Blazers on the VXR and i'm not sure if they have fletching contact and just don't know or for some reason their rig doesn't have issues.
Yep I have to agree. Blazers flirt with the cables on my 28.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
vanes are close on my vxr but not hitting . If I wouldn't of had the top hats flipped i'm pretty sure I would be in the same boat as you . But just for a piece of mind I turn my nock a little bit .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like it's pretty common. Blazers are pretty tall at .57

I'm going to try and run AAE Pro hunters at .46 with a 4 fletch. Should be good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vanes are close on my vxr but not hitting . If I wouldn't of had the top hats flipped i'm pretty sure I would be in the same boat as you . But just for a piece of mind I turn my nock a little bit .
I would double check with lipstick or a powder. I was still getting bullets while papertuning with fletchings; I just know with how tall the blazers are they can sometimes cause erratic flight at 30+ yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts