Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I don't understand Mathews making this bow or where it fits in the line up

Had it been 5" BH 33" ATA and 355+ FPS I would more understand

But how many 35" ATA bows do you need in the lineup? Chill x, chill x pro, wake

And now the weight of it

But, it's the first Mathews I'm actually going to try. I think the riser looks awesome, I had maitland bows and know the value of the long riser

I'm a sucker I guess but I have to try it.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I actually really like the looks of the new risers, but a 5" brace height bow is not for me. Also I really like limb stop bows. I wish the HTR had a limb stop option. I would be very interested.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I'm gonna shoot it. I guarantee it will be spectacular. That short clip justin zarr put up showed how smooth and quiet it looks. Definitely not for me, but it will still be a great bow

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm mostly just curious as to how many dealers are actually going to stock one? I think the bow is beautiful looking but it's priced with the safari and I can count the number of them I've seen in shops around here in southeast ok and north Texas on half a hand minus 1.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That will be the problem, will dealers carry it ? And what the actual price will be ?

Honestly I keep hoping the weight is a misprint and it's supposed to be 4.4 lbs

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
Too many 35" bows from mathews. Never thought I'd hear that complaint. No, I won't shoot it for a bunch of reasons but i bet they sell some.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
This is the first bow that has had me intrigued in a long time. I hope the price drops some and I might think about buying a new one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will not look at this bow. Them having the price so high seems like greed to me. My next bow will be a new Mathews but I won't spend over $900 on it. I'm sure it's a great bow but the pice makes me mad.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I will I was going to get the Prime Rival for My second bow something I normally don't do, because I really like it. I will put that on hold until I shoot the Wake, meanwhile still waiting on My HTR to get here.:)

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Just looking at the specs alone I have no interest in this bow at all and the htr isn't any better, neither one are for me. The only thing mathews makes that interests me is the chillr.

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
I will not look at this bow. Them having the price so high seems like greed to me. My next bow will be a new Mathews but I won't spend over $900 on it. I'm sure it's a great bow but the pice makes me mad.
No reason to be mad. There will always be premium products for those willing to pay for them. For that money I'd try an OK archery bow myself. Not going too, but I'm not mad at them.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I definitely want to shoot one. It looks amazing and from the video, it appears to be very smooth. A member on here who attended the show said it was amazing. I just hate the price.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Nope. Wont even pick one up to handle. As a matter I'm not even going to click on it again on their site. No need, won't pay that much to fling arrows. Not hatin' on Mathews because I think the HTR is probably the best bow for 2015 (so far).

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
If anyone orders a Wake, they might have to keep quiet about it when it arrives because of the Mathews hatred here on AT. :shocked: :argue: :set1_violent002: :zip:

Haven't seen a bow built as well as the Wake and TRG since my own Bowman Accu-Risers and my old Hoyt Superstar.
Few bows turn me on as much as a hell for strong built bow. :thumbs_up
Of course, it will be hard to tell just how well built they are until I see one in person but, from the pics in this link from bowhunting.com, it (the Wake) looks hell for strong built.

https://www.facebook.com/bowhunting...8269554./10154865097765357/?type=1&permPage=1

Be sure to click "next" at the top of each pic to view them all !

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If anyone orders a Wake, they might have to keep quiet about it when it arrives because of the Mathews hatred here on AT. :shocked: :argue: :set1_violent002: :zip:

Haven't seen a bow built as well as the Wake and TRG since my own Bowman Accu-Risers and my old Hoyt Superstar.
Few bows turn me on as much as a hell for strong built bow. :thumbs_up
Of course, it will be hard to tell just how well built they are until I see one in person but, from the pics in this link from bowhunting.com, it (the Wake) looks hell for strong built.

https://www.facebook.com/bowhunting...8269554./10154865097765357/?type=1&permPage=1

Be sure to click "next" at the top of each pic to view them all !
I've heard nothing but good things (from the few that have shot it). Smooth draw and the same post-shot feel as the HTR. Thanks for the link to the pics.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts