Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddys string broke on his outback at full draw somehow and it bent and messed up his bottom cam. We brought it to a mathews dealer that he purchased it from brand new and they said the warrenty doesnt cover it?
I thought mathews had a lifetime limited warrenty on cams?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Your dealer is full of it!! We get in bows like that all the time and replace them with no problems. If the dealer won't honor it then call Mathews they'll take care of you!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
If that dealer doesn't take care of him then the dealer sucks. I know my dealer would take care of it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My bottom cam on the reezen 6.5 had a burr in it and was cutting up my buss cable. They replaced the buss cable and the cam free of charge. I didn't even have to pay a service charge.

my advice.... FIND A NEW DEALER/PRO SHOP.

·
Registered
715 Posts
my buddys string broke on his outback at full draw somehow and it bent and messed up his bottom cam. We brought it to a mathews dealer that he purchased it from brand new and they said the warrenty doesnt cover it?
I thought mathews had a lifetime limited warrenty on cams?
Your cam is covered. The string is not. But that doesn't mean they won't take care of it anyway... they do that sometimes.

And I totally agree with the others that your buddy is taking a bath going to that dealer. He is probably going to get warranty parts and try to charge you mark up. Have his ass arrested if he tries to pull a stunt like that... keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
This dealer is full of it! I have used Mathews warranty and they are unreal!!! Call Mathews yourself and ask to speak with Ron or Bob. They wont just tell you they will fix it they will tell you "We will make it perfect!". THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS ON WARRANTY! Believe me I know. When I first bought a Mathews bow I had it for about two months when it started having some issues. Mathews went out of their way to make it right, after replacing 4 things on the bow and it still had the same problem. My hunting season opened in one week my bow was still not fixed, I told Mathews there is no way I can hunt with this bow and I dont have time to send it back then Mathews sends me a email and says " We are shipping you a new bow and it will be there no later than Tuesday". It was there just like they said with plenty of time to set up to hunt with the next week! All I had to do was send mine back in the box that the new one came in. My dealer took care of everything! You bet I will be a Mathews shooter for life!!! Oh yeah if I was you I would find a new dealer, sounds like the one you have dont wont to take the time to bother with you. Call Mathews!

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Mathews

Call Mathews and ask to speak to Ron or Bob in warranty.
These guys will take care of you. That being said,,,, if your the original owner of the bow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes he did buy the bow brand new in 04. I told my buddy that the cam would be covered so we brought it in and sure enough the guy says the warranty does not cover the cam and that a new one was around 100 something for a new one. its all about the money to some people and it just ticks me off.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You can also head over to the Mathews forum and shoot a PM to Bob Jenkins for some assistance. I believe his username is something like BBArcher. He is very responsive and can help you if you're having problem with a dealer. Mathews encourages everyone to use their dealer for warranty work but if your having a problem with one I'm sure they'll help you with that too.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
yes he did buy the bow brand new in 04. I told my buddy that the cam would be covered so we brought it in and sure enough the guy says the warranty does not cover the cam and that a new one was around 100 something for a new one. its all about the money to some people and it just ticks me off.

Not saying you are but some folks dry fire and then try to cover it up. There is a chance the dealer saw this or something that led them to believe it was dryfired. In that case it isnt supposed to be covered but if someone is honest in my experience Mathews will take care of it. Not making excuses. He should have at least contacted Mathews and let them make the call.

I would speak with Mathews and then go back in there with names of who you talked too and tell the dealer what you were advised to do.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Bottom line, the cam should be covered. If thats the original string or not it would be considered normal wear for an 04. He should be looking at S&C replacement at his cost, but Mathews should cover the cam. That's fair.

·
State With Little Bucks
12,101 Posts
You can also head over to the Mathews forum and shoot a PM to Bob Jenkins for some assistance. I believe his username is something like BBArcher. He is very responsive and can help you if you're having problem with a dealer. Mathews encourages everyone to use their dealer for warranty work but if your having a problem with one I'm sure they'll help you with that too.
Bob Jenkins isn't in that department anymore...:(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree the string and cam should be covered, it even says that on the website that strings and cable wont be covered, o well i will have him call mathews.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Had a guy in this week that dryfired his Dren, bent cam cut strings, Bob said he will replace the cam but not 2 year old strings. the guy was very happy with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts