Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I by no means am a Mathews Fan Guy, in the past 12 months I have owned the Guardian, Brigadier, Alphamax 32 & 35 and the Maxxis 35 (which I also love)

I have to say this is the sweetest bow I have ever shot, The Maxxis is right there too but wanted a short ATA for hunting and this is what I went with and am loving it. I have not shot a Mathews since my Switchback and Switchback XT.

I had sold my camo Maxxis 35, now have a solid black one on order.

Just wanted to post in case any old Mathews shooters were considering shooting one again, I would say its a great time to give one a try.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Glad you're happy with it. I went with the Triumph (similar riser design) because I wanted a little more ata length. But that is a nice bow. I like the Alphamax 35 a lot as well.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I totally agree with you. I was leary of it at first because I hated the DXT but once I shot the z7 I had to have one. Best hunting bow ever imo!!!!!!!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I by no means am a Mathews Fan Guy, in the past 12 months I have owned the Guardian, Brigadier, Alphamax 32 & 35 and the Maxxis 35 (which I also love)

I have to say this is the sweetest bow I have ever shot, The Maxxis is right there too but wanted a short ATA for hunting and this is what I went with and am loving it. I have not shot a Mathews since my Switchback and Switchback XT.

I had sold my camo Maxxis 35, now have a solid black one on order.

Just wanted to post in case any old Mathews shooters were considering shooting one again, I would say its a great time to give one a try.
i think it is interesting that i happen to be a mathew's guy that happens to love the maxxis line up this year alot more than the Z7. the Z7 is by no means a bad bow. just my .02

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it is interesting that i happen to be a mathew's guy that happens to love the maxxis line up this year alot more than the Z7. the Z7 is by no means a bad bow. just my .02
I can't help but think a bow fits each person differently. I feel I have the 2 best bows made right now. :smile:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'm right with you guys, I also shot a ton of different bows this season and the Mathews Z7 is my fav! I bought the bow and I've never shot a bow better. Smooth, fast and dead in the hand.... I can't wait to deer hunt with this baby!

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Z7

Great bow from Mathews..

·
Registered
271 Posts
I also had a hard time deciding between the Z7 and the Maxxis, but to me the Z7 had less hand shock and was a smoother draw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts