Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I have the same bow. A Z7 at 28" draw. What I cant figure out is why his draws smoother and its more dead in the hand. Its very obvious. Now he does have a Focus grip but other than that.. Its all the same.

·
SuperToon'd
11,804 Posts
Are they both at the same specs? Axle to axle and brace height? Do they both pull the same weight? ..............HD

·
Registered
265 Posts
do you shoot the same arrows and are all of your rubber string stops still in good shape, do you have the same stabilizers, and are you pulling the same wt. if the wt is the same there's no reason his should draw smoother unless your bearings are worn out which is only likely if your bow has been dry fired or has several thousand shots on it. do you both have stock strings and servings still as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same problem with my Z7, the Z7 at the shop was really locking in compare to mine, the problem was fix by putting more twist in the string. Tried everything before that, cam, switched limbs....

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both New 5 days ago. Mine measures 30 axle to axle and both are set to 56#. We both shoot Radial X weave Pro 100s. Same QAD HD rests. Now one thing.. He had the dealer build his. The dealer put camo limbs on a Black riser. So the dealer took his bow all apart. Both are timed the same. Yeah Im still scratching my head on this one.

He also shoots with no stabilizer and I have a Hoyt Axium 4". We even slipped the string silencers in the same spots as his.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Is the BH identical on both and is the string stop the same distance from the string at rest?

·
State With Little Bucks
12,101 Posts
Both New 5 days ago. Mine measures 30 axle to axle and both are set to 56#. We both shoot Radial X weave Pro 100s. Same QAD HD rests. Now one thing.. He had the dealer build his. The dealer put camo limbs on a Black riser. So the dealer took his bow all apart. Both are timed the same. Yeah Im still scratching my head on this one.

He also shoots with no stabilizer and I have a Hoyt Axium 4". We even slipped the string silencers in the same spots as his.
Thats why.....:D ;)

Taken the bow apart shouldn't have anything to do with making it smoother drawing.

Just switch him bows...;)

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have to measure brace and axle to axles tomorrow. I want to double check. Its a big differance. Feels like two differant bows. Plus mine kicks arrows bad.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Heres your answer

Probably what is wrong if his pulls smoother, is that u may have a small ding on your cam or idler wheel, if the ding is sticking out over the string you will feel it when u draw back. This will also decrease accuracy by causing a small jerk in the string. Also, it could be that your idler wheel is tilted to the left or right. You can check this by placing an arrow on one side of the idler wheel and if it crosses over to the other side of the string, it is tilted in that direction and tell your dealer about this and I'm sure he can fix it, hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I can see the idler is fine. The timing is right. The bow just doesnt shoot great. I guess mathews makes bows that draw and feel differant. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your best bet is to take it to the shop that you bought it from and have them fix it and stop causing yourself more trouble than what is necessary.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What rest are you using?

Are they both the same as well, maybe fletching is hitting on something? I have shot a lot of the z7s and they all felt the same. Check to make sure your nock isn't too tight on the servering as well that would cause loudness and maybe bad flight.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts