Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long draw shooter and have been eye balling the Mathews Z9. Anyone have some opinions they would care to share on this bow? Being a lefty makes it difficult for me to try one out so any help is appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No long draw shooters or general opinions on this bow? I currently shoot a DLD for hunting but it's a little long for the blind.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
My friend has a 31 inch draw length and loves his. He wasn't planning on buying it and the shop talked him into shooting it. He said after three shots he had to have it and bought it. I have a 28 inch draw and shot one at the shop and I liked it alot at my draw but opted for the extreme instead, I did have to tie in a nock above and below th nock on the Z9 due to nock pinch he was getting. PM him here on AT at shepmankev.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Great bow have only heard good things about it smooth, quiet everything you could want in a hunting set up.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Uhm, I shot one and didn't care for it. I'm a 32" draw length and found it to be slower than my 05 Alpine VX Stealth. Nothing special in regards to quite, smooth or shock free. I have to say that it was just as good as my VX that I bought off ebay for $250 4 yrs ago, but no way I would plunk down $900 just to have a Matt, cuz it did nothing special for me.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have it in 65lbs @28.5. It mine slightly exceeds its rating by 1-2ft/sec but then the braceheight on mine is a little shorter. It is an amazingly forgiving short ata bow. The draw cycle is very easy because of the shortened power stroke. It's silent. The balance is excellent not top heavy at all. Feels like a much longer ATA bow because of the long riser. If you're looking for a short ATA single cam bow you're not going to do better. The only thing is that if you have a real long draw the string angle wil be much better on the MR8, so I'd look at that too but the draw will not be as easy and the dual cam split limbed bows have a much different feel.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts