Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Buy a used one on AT and you'll get a better deal anyway. I'm not sure about the answer you're looking for though - probably something to do with quality control.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe so I bought a legacy here on AT and love it I was looking at the new bows from Mathews and then realized you can't get them from a dealer online and wondered why. Kind of sucks because I can't find a Mathews dealer near me.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
They just have better controll of who is selling, setting up, and performing service on their bows.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
You can always buy one here on the classifieds

then find a dealer off here you can ship it to for any work you may need. I have sent my XT to a shop in IL from CA with no problems. I just bought an Athens Accomplice 34 off here and the closest dealer may be within 2000 miles?? There are a ton of great deals on here for Mathews bows since the Z7 and Triumph were released.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Why doesn't Mathews allow dealers to sell bows online? I don't have dealers near me.
It is not just Mathews.

Manufacturers believe that a dealer will make sure the bow is set up correctly and fitting the archer. Probably to reduce the amount of warranty and failure issues and give the company control on prices.

With some dealers this works well, with others my computer mouse is better at setting up bows.

There is a UK dealer who sells Mathews bows online and my mouse could have done a better job with some of the bows that comes out of their shop. I know I have fixed several bows from this shop in my workshop.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
It is not just Mathews.

Manufacturers believe that a dealer will make sure the bow is set up correctly and fitting the archer. Probably to reduce the amount of warranty and failure issues and give the company control on prices..
Exactly. Mathews is not the only company that has a policy like this. It's called dealer support, after all it is the pro shops that helped put them where they are. If you start doing it across the net you tend to loose control of your product. My view.;);)

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
A lot of them do it. One of many reasons is it helps support your local shops. I mean with the internet, it is putting a lot of businesses out of business.

I mean a local pro shop can not keep the doors open only working on bows you bought off the net.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts