Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
To answer your question, yes, only way to work cams is with top hats. But ALL, the Mathews bows with that big bearing, on side of cam, gives floating yoke cable the look of leaning badly. But if you look at your cam, it’s actually not bad at all. I have a Triax. Trx38 and trx36, and all 3 look as yours is doing, but they will shoot a group of bareshafts shaft to shaft at 30 yards. But my TRX 36, I actually tuned better with a slight nock low, on that bow. You can also untwist cables a little if you really wanted to stand cams up more. That way you are taking a little side load off cams, and they will stand up some. A lot of guys want to twist and twist to peak out 70# limbs to 73 and 74# and that can give a lot of load on cams and cause lean.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Only thing with these bows and top hats, you can only do but so much. Each set of top hats, (3 sets), is a total of .175”. So you have a set that Is 1. .140” + .035”
2. .120” + .055”
3. .100” + .075”.
so with those sets, you can have wide on left side and thin on right, or vise versa. But they must stay as a set to equal a total of .175”. That limits you more do than with yokes, and or a bow that has shims of .010”, .015 and so on. When you can move a cam .010” and then a 1/2 twist in a yoke, and then move you cable rod a 1/32” , you can really micro tune cams. But with these top hats, a .035” is as small of a move as you can get. So you may have to touch rest over in one or the other direction more than you normally would want to. But, still, I haven’t seen one that you can’t tune down the pipe, or very very close to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts