Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to AT and am in the market to upgrade from my current bow. I am interested in the Chill and Chill R. Anyone had experience with the 2, I'm thinking I can get the Chill cheaper and was wondering if anyone has noticed a sig. difference in the new Chill R that makes it better. Feedback appriciated in advance.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I shot both multiple times. Either one are really nice bows. I noticed a definite speed difference with the Chill R, I almost bought the Chill due to the longer brace height, then they let me shoot the Creed. Any way I'm the proud new owner of a Creed. I may still buy a Chill. Once the wife recovers from new girl friend named Creedie!!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Hi,

I am new to AT and am in the market to upgrade from my current bow. I am interested in the Chill and Chill R. Anyone had experience with the 2, I'm thinking I can get the Chill cheaper and was wondering if anyone has noticed a sig. difference in the new Chill R that makes it better. Feedback appriciated in advance.

Thanks
I have experience with both, I prefer the chill r hands down. Main reason, 33 ATA. It holds better on target. The extra speed doesnt hurt either. Both are buttery smooth, but that chill r just feels better to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya. I am afraid of what my wife will do when I finally break down and come home with one. I shot the Creed this past weekend and it was very nice and have not ruled it out, my brother in law has the Creed XS and it's nice too....just a little short ATA. Were the Chill bows really smooth and quiet? It seems like the more I look and hold the different bows I can't make mind up....I guess it's like everyone else says you just have to shoot and compare. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the same thing with longer ATA that it may be a little more stable and still very good for treestand hunting. I'm going to try to shoot both and just let the bow pick me. I'm in SC and was wondering what price range the Chill and Chill R in your area.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have the creed and have really, really enjoyed this bow. My only complaint is the draw cycle is a bit stiffer than Id like. Small valley as well. Still a pleasure to shoot though. The chill r really won me over in the smooth department, nice long valley. It is quieter than my creed as well which is a shocker cause mine is near silent.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
Drenalin or original Monster. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a deposit down on the Creed xs, but the chill R was not set up to try at our local pro shop. Always have favored shoot ability over speed. Went in to pick out the goodies for the creed and noticed they happened to have the Chill R in and set up ready to shoot. Shot it, and fell in love. Spoke to the owner and he let me change out my order for a Chill R and it should be in in a couple weeks. The draw curve on the Chill is much nicer (imho) than the Creed xs. Absolutely could not believe how smooth a speed bow could be. Can't wait for the bow to come in. Only thing I can say is the back wall is a little soft compared to the Creed or my old diamond triumph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had heard the back wall was a little soft but I can deal with that with all the other positives the bow offers. I can't wait to shoot one for myself and if it feels as stable and smooth as others have posted I will have one on order too. Thanks for the reply and happy holidays.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I just bought an mr7 and let me tell you its the perfect bow for me. 33 ata, 7" bh, fast and forgiving. The chill r was nice but in my opinion, the mr7 has a smooth draw and is more forgiving. IMG_20131222_181603.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice bow. Thanks for the pic. How is the back wall? If u don't mind me asking how does the price compare to the Chill R? I haven't looked at that bow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts