Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matthews bow ad appear in all the bow magazines. Are they as great as they claim and are they worth the money?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
You'll hear lots of opinions for and against Mathews. I shoot Mathews and I also shoot Hoyts. Both great bows but will state that Mathews probably makes the absolute quietest, recoiless, vibration free shooting machines on the market today.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Yeah, i belive they are. I'm satisfied with my Legacy. Quietest bow i've ever shot. Wish they made more bows with 80% let off though. The LX is the only one in production now with 80% let off. I've been looking for a deal on an mq1 with 80%. If you don't wany to break the bank on one, a used mq1 would cost you around $250-$350. It's an excellent bow for hunting. I'm sure most everyone would agree.

·
74,535 Posts
Lots of good bows

Find the one that fits you. I shoot a Mathews and think there good bows. I like the fact that they hold there resale excellant allowing me to sell mine each year and buy the latest model. Check ebay and you will see what used Mathews sell for. Some bows you cant get half what you paid for them the next year. To many folks shooting Mathews to not say there not good bows.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Mathews probably makes the absolute quietest, recoiless, vibration free shooting machines on the market today.
yea, & if you want to know who DEFINITELY makes the quietest, smoothest, recoil & vibration free bow on the market today, shoot a Hoyt! :p ;) :D

...sorry dude! I am just kidding. Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, whatever...they're all good & it is a matter of personal preference.

·
74,535 Posts
Here picture of mine

Hope this helps. No deer is safe inside 40yrds. FACT!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another vote here for Mathews. My little MQ32 outperforms my PSE Edge hands down. The newer bow's are certantly better and I've tried many of them. Don't think you can go wrong with any that you can shoot well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shoot an Ultra 2. It doesn't have the best brace height, but I shoot quite a bit. It's quiet and when it's cranked down shooting 3-D Select 300 arrows with 85 gr heads, I'm getting right at 300 FPS. I had myself talked into getting a Legacy when they came out last year, but after shooting it, I preferred the Ultra 2. It's what you're comfortable with, I guess. I'm convinced there are a bunch of excellent bows out there to choose from. The shop I bought my bow from would let me try any of them before buying one. To me Matthews' are worth the money because I got what I paid for, and I don't have to worry whether it will preform to my expectations. I'll have this bow for quite a long time because it has everything I need in a bow. Now I just have to concentrate on the "Jerk on the trigger."

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The best advice I can give you is go shoot one....Everyone here has an opinion right or wrong,But the best thing is to shoot one....I heard how great and smooth the new AR's were(better than a Mathews) Well I dont know what these guys have been drinking but smooth I think NOT.....;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Almost everyone makes a great bow these days.
I prefered the Hoyt Razortec over the Mathews LX.
But since I shot the Legacy,I like it better than both.
I'll probably sell the Razor after this season and pick one up.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I agree, I shot the Razortec, Legacy and LX. I liked the legacy better than the LZ, but liked the razortec the best. I love how little bow movement/hand shock there is when you release that arrow. They were all smoth and accurate, but the razortec was noticably quieter than the mathews. I will still keep trying mathews to see if they have one I like more than my Hoyt.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
A very good point was made in what WVHunter has said...

I had myself talked into getting a Legacy when they came out last year, but after shooting it, I preferred the Ultra 2. It's what you're comfortable with, I guess.
I don't mean this as being critical, but he is probably one of very, very few people that think the Ultra 2 is better than the Legacy. My point is that every shooter has very unique likes and desires. Not many people think the Ultra 2 is a better shooting bow, but HE does. When you choose a bow, you may think the worlds worst bow is the best shooter and feels the most comfortable in your hands, and that is OK.

You are the only one who can decide what works for you.

No doubt about it, Mathews makes a great bow. Other manufactures also make great bow. My only complaint about Mathews bows is that you have to change the entire cam in order to change draw lengths. If other companies can make cams with interchangable draw lengths, so can Mathews.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There are so many great bows out there today, that one would be splitting hairs, to determine which is the best. Besides, none of the bow companies do everything best. Some have the best service, some make their bows faster, or quieter, or with less recoil. Others do it all, at a lower price. Some give you a better warranty, while another might give you a better looking bow. Just remember, no company gives you everything. You have to pick what's important to you and then practice like crazy with whatever bow you choose. You are the only who can make your bow shoot well. It won't do it on it's own. They are all capable of putting an arrow where you point it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
One word mattech or bowews either or they are basically the same bow in my opinion. I shot a legacy and like the bow but liked the pro 40 better. So thats what I got. I think its like the hole truck thing ford chevy dodge who cares it gets your butt around no matter what it says on the grill. My advise to you is go to the local dealership and pick up a mathews and ask the dealer which hoyt,martin,bowtech,etc... will match the mathews you picked out and shoot them all. Thats how you can decide for yourself on if they are the great bow of there ad or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
bows

hope this helps it doesnt matter if u spend 200-900.00 dollars on a bow any bow u buy at any price will cmpare to any bow of equal price these days almsot a gurantee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts