Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be moving to a Matthews chill r or something in the chill series in the near future. Anything I Should know, any tips or tricks to them?

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
No tips for you, but the chill r is a great bow. It was my first Mathews, and of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Love mine. It’s the only one I plan on holding onto for several seasons. Just bought a ChillX to complement it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just got mine on Thursday, but I'm loving it so far. Hope to get in some more shooting this week. It's been too dang cold to shoot outside much here lately, but sounds like 30s for a few days now so I will get some shooting in. It's hard to imagine much better draw cycle. I have rock mods, so obviously the back wall is solid. I haven't shot one with the standard mods, but I would highly recommend the rock mods.

I was initially a little worried about the 6 1/8" brace height, but it has proven to be a non issue so far. I've shot some with heavy clothes (at -1 F. heavy clothes means HEAVY clothes). I also shot indoors and have had no string slap at all.

I'll try to report more as I get more opportunities to shoot it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my Chill R since the first year it came out. Have a Halon also but still go back to the Chill R because of it's lighter overall physical weight.
Love the draw cycle and the overall balance of it. Yes there are faster bows out there but you will love the forgiveness of this bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts