Archery Talk Forum banner

Matthews Ignition

996 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Chevync20
Is this a good starter bow for a woman just geting into archery? I have found a used LH one that would fit her well just worried that the short BH may not be a good starter one. Please any info would help
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
I bought my wife an Ignition last July. She had never shot a compound bow in her life, but by September she shot a 278 out of 300 from the back stakes at her first 3-d shoot. I was very proud to say the least. -- So iguess I,m saying I think it's an excellent choice.

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a LH 30-40 lbs not sure if she can pull more than 40 but I quess later down the road I could upgrade limbs or just get her a higher end bow, maybe like a 40-50 lb DXT if she sticks with it.

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well you guys have made my decision alot easier, just need to make sure I get her DL right, about how much do these draw length cams run?

· IS IT BOW SEASON YET
1,942 Posts
its a great bow...my girlfriend has two of them a camo one for hunting and a pink one for target...it shoots great and right now im tryin to make it shoot faster but it really isnt that slow so yes it would be agreat bow to start out with im sure ur wife will love it

· Registered
241 Posts
Im, McLean Bell and i shoot the ignition. The ignition is a great bow for hunting, or spot shooting. I have won tournaments with this bow but at the same time i use this bow for hunting. It is a great all around bow for archers with a short draw length. For the price i think this would be most defiantly not be a bad starter bow.

· Registered
33 Posts
its a great bow...my girlfriend has two of them a camo one for hunting and a pink one for target...it shoots great and right now im tryin to make it shoot faster but it really isnt that slow so yes it would be agreat bow to start out with im sure ur wife will love it
try 600 gt pro's with 35 gr. glue-ins ma:wink:de a big dif. on my wifes' speed for 3-d (small vanes )

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well not when they are 350 plus around here and I can order a slightly used one for less than 200 bucks on here. Times arent great so where ever I can save a few bucks I am. I buy used as well, until I know for sure she is going to stick with it im not gonna invest a ton in it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.