Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bit of an issue with which to purchase. I found a new outback for $619, but I also liked the Ross also, and it's $599 for it. I would like a little feed back on which to buy.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I sold my outback the day I put my hands on a Ross 337 ,334 and 331.:wink:
Unfortunately they didnt have a 331 in Lefty at the time and I bought the Comp. model then got one heck of deal on a 334 later on.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Mathews but I dont think the Outback is even in the same class as the 331 or 334.
Maybe a Switchback XT.......

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Shoot them both,

and then YOU decide.

Let us know what you get and how they stack up to each other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did shoot both, I like them both. Now it's about which one to buy. spend $20 more on a Matthews or Save $20 on a Ross. I'm stuck!!:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I even brought out my cousin who owns a Matthews and he said that the Ross was very nice, However Matthews has been out in the market for a long time and the Matthews holds more resale value, at least for now.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I don't have any experience with the outback, but I do have a switchback xt and a ross 334. They feel similar when shot. One big thing with the ross is how easy it was to tune. My switchback required a little more effort when setting up (i.e. adjusting the yoke, brace height, and axle to axle)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I could buy both bows i would, however, funds is what I don't have so I have to choose one. I'm just trying to put the money with the bow that makes the most sense to buy.:tongue:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
To be honest I don't see how you could like them the same since the grip is so different. If you like them the same then maybe think about the winners choice string and the grip as your deciding factor also the ross has a changeable draw with modules (big on my list)

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I dont own either one but I have shot them both. IMO the Ross was much nicer. Its a great bow. If they come up with more speed I will have one myself..........

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
See if the dealer will allow you to shoot your arrows and bolt a rest on each then see which will tune the easiest and is the most forgiving while shooting through paper. Everthing else aside the arrow fight is the most important consideration. Besure and tell us how it turns out. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Ross. I have never owned an outback but my buddy had nothing but problems with his(every company can have a lemon). He sold it and bought a trykon and a Ross 334 he's much happier now.

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
ive had an outback and ca'nt knock it because they are fine bows!, unfortunately i dont think they are better then that ross, ross has it going on.... and so easy to tune..... what im trying to say is be happy, amd what will make you happy will be the ross!:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts