Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How you would compare the 2 bows. Also, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I went from the Outback to the Switchback. Worst mistake I ever made trading bows. Went from the Switchback to the XT and that was the best move I ever made. The XT is much more refined and easier to shoot. Much like and upgraded Outback which the original SB was NOT.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Mathewsfan said:
I went from the Outback to the Switchback. Worst mistake I ever made trading bows. Went from the Switchback to the XT and that was the best move I ever made. The XT is much more refined and easier to shoot. Much like and upgraded Outback which the original SB was NOT.

That's where personal preference comes into play. I like the original Switchback way better than the Outback or the XT. I'm glad you found what you liked best.:wink:

TEXAS

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I owned the Outback prior to my Switchback. It is a very nice bow, quiet, plenty fast, smooth and shock free. That being said, the differences between the Outback and Switchback are night and day. There really isn't much of a difference in the shock, vibration and overall quietness of the 2 bows, they are both that nice, however, the Switchback is 100 times smoother than the Outback and it's a little faster. Also, it seems like it is easier to hold steady because of the little extra ATA. My biggest complaint about the Outback is if you creep just a hair, be it from fatigue, an itch, whatever, the string wants to rip your arm out of its socket, if you creep a hair with the Switchback, nothing.

Both bows are top notch performers and you won't go wrong with either one, however, I would definitely choose the Switchie if I were you :wink:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
For me, the switchback is smoother, but the outbacks backwall is awesome.Maybe a new model would be a 33 inch outback with smoothness of the switchback.Can I order yet.:wink:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
PABowhunt4life said:
I owned the Outback prior to my Switchback. It is a very nice bow, quiet, plenty fast, smooth and shock free. That being said, the differences between the Outback and Switchback are night and day. There really isn't much of a difference in the shock, vibration and overall quietness of the 2 bows, they are both that nice, however, the Switchback is 100 times smoother than the Outback and it's a little faster. Also, it seems like it is easier to hold steady because of the little extra ATA. My biggest complaint about the Outback is if you creep just a hair, be it from fatigue, an itch, whatever, the string wants to rip your arm out of its socket, if you creep a hair with the Switchback, nothing.

Both bows are top notch performers and you won't go wrong with either one, however, I would definitely choose the Switchie if I were you :wink:

I agree with your assessment completely especially the part about the lack of valley and all wall on the Outback. That's the same reason I don't care for the XT. The Switchback allows you to creep a little and nothing. I know that is bad form but most of us aren't perfect:wink:

TEXAS

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i have shot both and own the switchback. my first pic was for the outback but the switchback was the newest one out there and it shot great so i got one. my cousin had an outback and it shot great too. i will say there is a bit more hand shock in the outback but nothing a Vibe Killer wont fix. all in all both bows are great. you can even purchas the roller bar with the dampers to put on an outback too. just pick the one you prefer you really cant go wrong with either one. and just my own opinion the XT is a supped up outback and would fall between the outback and switchback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts