Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO ANY OF YOU Q2 SHOOTERS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH CABLE WEAR NEAR THE CAM...IT IS THE PART OF THE CABLE THAT ROLLS INTO THE CAM AS YOU DRAW.I LOVE MY Q2 , BUT THIS IS MY ONLY COMPLAINT.I HAVE TO CHANGE CABLES ABOUT EVERY 9 MONTHS.
I SHOOT ALOT OF ARROWS THOUGH.

·
Registered
171 Posts
HELLO, I DONT SHOOT MATHEWS BUT I CAN POSSABLLY HELP YOU IN SOME SINCE. SOME TIME THE BOW CAN BE OUTFITTED WITH THE WRONG CAMS FOR THE SIZE OF THE STRING. OR THE STRING IS MORE STRANDS THAN REQUIRED..... AND IT DOESNT LET THE STRING SEAT IN THE CAM... HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS YOU...

IVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME AND CALLED DEALER AND GOT LARGER SIZE CAMS FOR THE SETUP

NEWBIN

·
Registered
171 Posts
YES THAT IS WHAT IM SUGGESTTING, JUST AN OPION ON WHAT THE CAUSE IS....
THANK YOU NEWBIN

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HEAR YOU BROTHER

I RECENTLY PURCHASED MY FIRST MATHEWS AND CHOSE THE Q2. I BOUGHT A PSE BABY G IN 98 AND STILL SHOOT IT. I HAD TO GET THE LIMBS REPLACED AFTER I NOTICED A CRACK IN ONE OF THEM DURING MY BEAR HUNT IN VALDEZ , AK 2 MONTHS AGO. PSE REPAIRED THEM FREE OF CHARGE AND REPLACED THE CAM, CABLES AND STRING, GREAT COMPANY, LOVE MY BABY G. GETTING BACK TO MATHEWS. I KNOW MY PSE IS GETTING OUTDATED AND DECIDED TO SPLURGE THIS TIME AND BUY A CADILLAC. "MATHEWS". I LOVE IT, EVERY THING YOU NEED AND NOTHING YOU DON'T. A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER I NOTICE THE CAM RUBBING MY BUSS CABLE ABOUT 2" FROM FULL DRAW, I CALLED MATHEWS AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I ENDED UP GETTING INTO A HEATED ARGUEMENT WITH THE BOW TECH THERE. I TOOK IT TO A FRIEND AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS ABNORMAL. THE NEXT DAY HE CALLED THE MATHEWS DEALER IN ANCHORAGE, AK AND HE SAID THAT THAT CAM ON THAT BOW RUBS SLIGHTLY. HE USED TO BE AN ENGINEER AT MATHEWS. I CALLED MATHEWS AGAIN AND THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO A MATHEWS DEALER, I LIVE ON KODIAK ISLAND, WE DO HAVE A DEALER BUT IT WOULD BE 2006 IF I WOULD HAVE USED HIM. SO I SENT IT OFF MYSELF AND TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM. I CALLED 2 WEEKS LATER AND THEY HAD NO MEMORY OF RECEIVING MY MATHEWS, DAYS LATER THEY FOUND IT IN THE BACK AND REPLACED THE RISER SAYING THIS WAS THE PROBLEM AND IT WAS FIXED. B.S THE DEALER LET ME KNOW IT WAS IN A FEW DAYS LATER AND GUESS WHAT IT IS THE FRIGGIN SAME....... I COULD WORK FOR MATHEWS AND DO BETTER WORK. THEY DIDN'T EVEN REPLACE THE TOP LIMB BOLT THAT WAS MESSED UP LIKE I ASKED THEM TO, AND MY LIM SAVERS WERE HALF OFF AND UPSIDE DOWN AND CROOKED. I'M STILL SHOOTING IT AND LOVE IT. IT'S KIND OF LIKE OWNING A BENTLY OR A JAG, BAD ASS TILL SOMETHING GOES WRONG. I DID SEND THEM AN E-MAIL SAYING WHAT THE HELL...THIS PROBLEM MAY BE DUE TO SHOOTING A 30" DRAW, WHAT'S YOUR'S. I PLAN ON KEEPING MINE CAUSE IT SHOOTS LIKE A DREAM, IF I HAVE TO RE SERVE THE CABLE ONCE A YEAR SO BE IT. I LOVE MY BABY G AND I STILL CAN'T GET PERFECT VANE CLEARANCE. I STILL KILLED A TURKEY AT 50 YDS WITH IT THOUGH. GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND THE CURE, I'M STILL SEARCHING...BILLY JACK

·
Registered
263 Posts
hmmmm

Well this doesn't seem right. I have a 2002 Q2 and I do not see any wear as you folks are getting. However I have seen wear which I think is what your talking about. Two things to look for. Is the cam bent? It doesn't take much to have it rub the cable. Have someone stand behind you and look at the cam as you draw and see if is completely vertical at all times during the draw. This could have happened if the bow was ever dropped. ( I know this from experience) Second if there is a bur or other irritant perhaps even lodged in the string it could cause wear as it rolls over the cam. I'd really look at the cable as you draw the bow to see what is going on. It might even be a case of the cable serving to start with not being done correctly and it's comming loose and wearing. Of course if you had it redone (right) and it still wears then I suppose it has to be something else. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HAVE THE CAM REPLACED. I HAD A Q2 AND AFTER 1ST WEEK OF
SHOOTING I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. DEALER 1ST REPLACED
STRING AND WHILE I WAS SHOOTING BOW ON DEALERS RANGE
THE NEW STRING STARTED TO SHOW SEVERE WEAR IMMEDIATLEY.
HE THEN REPLACED THE CAM (AT NO CHARGE) AND THE PROBLEM
NEVER CAME BACK. SHOT THAT BOW FOR FOR THREE YEARS. CAN'T
EXPLAIN WHAT WAS WRONG W/ CAM, BUT REPLACING IT SOLVED
PROBLEM. HOPE THIS HELPS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts