Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks Awesome! How does it shoot??. Do you get the draw stop click from it?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay they sent me the bow with the wrong modual , and the draw stop got bent in transit , so , I'll be calling darton monday for a new mod ,then on to see how she shoots , should take at least a week for me to get any kind of feel for it .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Does the draw stop make a clicking on all dartons?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I shot the 2004 Maverick yesterday at a pro shop. All I can say is what noise? This was one of the quietest bows I've shot this year, with nothing on it and a 350gr carbon arrow. The only niose you hear is the string cutting through the air, and even that you really have to listen for. Darton has done a wonderful job with this bow!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the pic quality , it looks better in person . The excentics are some of the nicest I've seen , not shiney like some others , they have a nice matt finish that matches the new strings , same colors as stock winners choice strings .

·
Registered
521 Posts
It comes stock with winners choice??....Thats awesome! What is the axel to axel lenght??

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont believe it has winners choice strings , they are the similar colors as stock winners choice strings except gray insteed of brown .

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
I wonder , does anyone know if the extreme cam has any changes over the one before it in regards to the problem of string wear from the abrubt angle the way it was routed around the cam?

I know the cam before this new extreme had this problem

other than that this looks an awesome bow, always did like darton, hope it draws as smooth as last years model!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts

The yankee has made the move to Darton for 2004 and beyond.

I should see my Mav in a couple days.

Thanks to Ben Pearson Archery for their support the last two years.

Great people and great bows.

Just time for me to move on, different interests.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damyankee , your in for a treat buddy , I got to put a couple arrows thru the bow yesterday and it shoots great . Darton makes an excelent product , and this new bow they have out is going to make some beleivers out there .

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Draw Length Adjustment?

ijimmy,
Couldnt tell from your pic. But can you adjust the DL without the use of a bow press now? That is one of the things I was wanting Darton to change on their bows for this year.

Thanks for the pics. Darton should finally start to get some of the praise the so greatly deserve.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brad , you still need to use a press , The thing they changed on the extreme cam is , there is a letter on one cam and a number on the other , accualy 5 for each cam and position so what ever position you are in, you twist the corisponding cabel to match the line on the cam and you are in the optimum profomance position . Its better than the express cams system of haveing to change the cam to the c3 setting every time you want to check its timing . Another improvement is you can change moduals without haveing to remove axils , which I beleive was necisary on the express cam .

·
Registered
85 Posts
i bought this bow when it first came out and i love her..ill put pics of it all done up

·
Registered
137 Posts
The draw stop doesn't make any sound because it has a small rubber rod that runs across the inside of it as a cushion. The one thing they did on the the cams is now you don't have to put the cams on the center holes to see if its in time, now it has timing marks for every draw length. Ive put over 1500 arrows through mine so far and the timing in is in the same spot i started with. the string hasn't stretched a bit, when i set it up i put the peep in without a alignment tubing and it has stayed put so far. I dont think it is a winners choice string , when i bought my fury last year the guy at the shop said that they weren't that darton was using some other brand. I'll try to post some pics later or attempt to im not computer wiz. LOL Hooked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts