Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the Minimax cam of the Rival Pro with the Max cam? If so, what will be the effects on bow poundage, brace height, draw length and let-off. Principal reason for the idea is the 80% let-off. Also, the Max cam is for a draw length of 28-32" for the Conquest as per mathews catalog. My draw length is 27". Would I still be able to twist the string to get a draw length of 27" or should I make a new string? What effect will it have on the let-off? From what I've read, the let-off will decrease. If this is so, , would shortening the string cancel out the 80% let-off to such an extent that it's not worth swapping the cams?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Adolf, I don't think it would work, the Rival Pro only came with a Mini max cam, if you where to put the max cam on it, I think it would change the draw force curve and who knows what the string and cable would be along with what cam you would need to get what draw, and most likely have to change the idler too, to me it just doesn't sound like a good thing to do, but knock yourself out man :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
loopone... Thanks for your reply. Precisely what I need as an input .I have also asked the local dealer here to inquire from Mathews . I hope others will give their opinion so I can make an intelligent decision whether to try the Minimax to Max Cam switch.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
It could be done if your draw was 29" or longer, although I'm not sure how much value you would get from such an effort.

The problem is that you can't get 27" with a Max Cam on a Rival Pro, the EER Max Cam would produce 29" and that's the smallest Max Cam they make.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks EPLC ..... to the archery technical gurus, please share your opinion so that I'll have an enlightened decision whether I'll venture into this or not. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts