Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70lb Liberty at 28" draw. There was a little debate at work over which arrow would be the "correct" one for that bow. I believe based on my experience that the 250s while weak in comparison and weak based off of a program like On Target 2... will shoot every bit as good out of the bow as the 350s. They both paper tune and group the same from my experience. People tell me Im wrong and have to go with the 350(even Carbon Express said the 250s were too weak and wouldnt shoot them out of a 60lb bow!) but I dont believe the setup is that sensative. Plus how on earth can a guy get an arrow down to 350 grn shooting something as heavy as the 350?... you cant from what Ive seen. What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I might be wrong here but i thought the maxima was made for a hunting shaft. and the more weight the better.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
350's...

I'd go with the 350's for your setup...the 250's are gonna be too weak...and I can get my 250's down to just under 300 grains at 28" with an 80 grain point, and 1.87 arizona's so I would think that getting to 350 would be an issue with the 350's...

You can get away with a stiff shaft and still get the arrow to fly good, but you'll never get away with a weak shaft...especially with broadheads..

PUG

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
My HD Green Allegiance is 70# 28" draw and I shoot bullet holes with the CX Maxima Hunter 250's. The arrows are cut to 27" and I shoot a 100 grain point:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts