Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get y'alls opinions and experiences with the Maxima 250 and Maxima Hunter 250. I'm setting up a new Tribute at 28" and 63lbs with smooth mods and am looking at using one of these two arrows cut at 27" with 100gr broadheads and fletched with blazers and 4"wraps. According to the OT2 shaft selector they both will spine out with the Maxima having an FOC of 10.33 and the Hunter 9.8. How much difference is the FOC really going to make and what are your experiences with the flight of these two. Is the FOC design of the Hunter worth the extra weight and the 4fps loss of speed? Thanks.
Kody

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No experience with the regular maxima but I really like the maxima hunter.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,336 Posts
I use the regular Maxima's and get great flight. Either FOC is well inside an acceptable range and I highly doubt you'd be able to notice any difference.

I would probably base your decision more on how heavy and fast/slow you want your arrow to be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys. I know a lot of you are using these arrows. Give me some feedback on how they are performing for you. Thanks.
Kody

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
It depends on what I am hunting but the Maxima Hunters are Great!!:)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I can't compare the two but I'm shooting the regular Maximas with close to your same set-up (Tribute, 27.5 in draw, 26.5 in arrow) and they are shooting awesome. The bulldog collars, on the other hand, have not helped like I thought they would. I've smashed 3 arrows. I destroyed the nock and collar off of one and robin hooded another. It actually felt good... until I remembered how much they cost!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have shot both and cuttently shoot the hunters out of a 62lbs. 30" switchback.Arrows cut at 28 1/2". I had the regular ones , then went to the hunters just to try them. Other than being a little slower because of the extra weight, I see no difference in performance of the two.In my opinion, the hunters are not worth the extra bucks unless you want a little extra weight.They do look cool though.Both versions of the maximas fly great and are very tough arrows.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Its hard to tell the difference in the two, but i would go for the hunters. I shoot them both and like them both. I shoot the maximas for practice and the hunters for hunting. They hit the same, just feel the hunters are a bit stronger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the nocks separate from the shafts on release twice... destroyed the bow both times and had to be rebuilt... injured me in the process.... One of the shots was at an animal on a paid hunt... Carbon Express told me to f*** off when it happened... I talked to a different carbon express rep at a meeting I went to, and he told me to shoot cx arrows and not maximas b/c the nocks separated on him once also... My friend still shoots maximas although he glues the nocks in now... I haven't shot the maxima hunters though.... good luck

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
TheMuzzyWarHead said:
I've had the nocks separate from the shafts on release twice... destroyed the bow both times and had to be rebuilt... injured me in the process.... One of the shots was at an animal on a paid hunt... Carbon Express told me to f*** off when it happened... I talked to a different carbon express rep at a meeting I went to, and he told me to shoot cx arrows and not maximas b/c the nocks separated on him once also... My friend still shoots maximas although he glues the nocks in now... I haven't shot the maxima hunters though.... good luck
I have not heard too much about that happeneing and it for sure has not happened to me. Sorry to hear that it did happend though, anyone interested in maximas i would not worry too much about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts