Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much weight can I get out of a CE maxima hunter 350 cut at 29in and with 3 blazers and 100gr tip.Just curious if anyone has these close to my specs.I dont want it to be to light.

· Registered
4,406 Posts
Yep..

My maxima hunter 350's with 4 inch duravanes (i think they're dura vanes) cut to 28 1/8...100 grain point are right at 406...you should be really close to that with the length and vane configuration you're asking about...

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I shoot an Easton Axis ST arrow that is about the same weight (400 gr.). These arrows work very well for deer, elk, and bear. For something larger, I might consider a heavier shaft.

· Registered
10,923 Posts
i've got some cut to 28 3/4" with predator vanes and 4" white wraps and the arrows weigh in around 406 to 407 grains. This is with a 100 gr. tip and the predator vanes are roughly the same weight as the blazers (atleast the few I measured were).

· Dad, Husband, Hunter
2,999 Posts
arrow

I just made one up for you. 2" Speed hunters, 29", nock, and 100 grain tip weighs 386 grains.

Hope that helps.

· Dad, Husband, Hunter
2,999 Posts
mine

I shoot them with a wrap 3" and light nocks and gets 415 grains. You can get them up if you want extra weight. They are best on the market in my opinion and SUPER strong.

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,088 Posts
By my rough estimate should be around 380 grains or so
380??? No, no, no.

You should be right in the, say, 405-415 range somewhere depending on the nock you use and whether, when you say 29 inches you mean pure shaft length or length from the nock throat (as often used to cite shaft measurements).

You can also have some variability in weight depending on the batch you get from the factory. The batch will be consistent within the batch but not necessarily consistent between batches. I've got arrows from 3 different dozens - same size (350) and one batch is about 8-10 grains heavier, on average, than the other 2 batched which (on average) are within a couple of grains of each other.

I've got 27 1/2" arrows with blazers and a beiter nock plus 100 grain points and they are all in the 390-400 range (the one batch on the high end and the other 2 on the low end).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.