Archery Talk Forum banner

CX Maxima Hunter or Gold Tip Pro Hunter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently purchased a Mathews Z7 Xtreme 27 1/4" draw @ 70 lbs. Shooting a drop away QAD HDX. I am looking into purchasing new arrows and want to upgrade in quality from my current PSE Carbon Force Arrows.

I am between 2 arrows. the CX Maxima Hunter and the Gold Tip Pro Hunter

CX 350 Maxima Hunter - 8.9 GPI @ 27 inches .337 spine

GT 7595- 8.9 GPI @ 27 inches .340 spine

The only difference in weight would be the CX nock collar I believe which is 4 grains I think.

Overall, about the same total weight with my 100 grain tip (Rage 2 blade broadheads)

I know with my short draw speed will be substantially lower, and I figured going heavier on arrow weight would increase penetration.

Which is the better arrow? I know you pay for the CX name and the GT are straighter specs than CX but I have heard good things about both. Any input from shooters who have had positive/negative feedback on either or both?

Any info. is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Imo....you cant shoot a better hunting arrow than the pro hunter....switched to them a few years back and will never shoot anything else while hunting.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm currently using the CX Max Hunter in my Xtreme 29/70, a few of my buddy's use the GT Pro Hunters, Have nothing negative to say about either one, both are a great arrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input guys. Found a dozen GT Pro Hunters on Eagle Archery on sale for $101 with free shipping and jumped on it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Great price!!!! Enjoy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts