Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received six camo Maxima Hunter arrows from Carbon Express to review. These have the short fletchings and being new to archery I had only shot the 4-inch fletchings. I had them cut and I glued in the insert that came with the arrows. I let these set and fully dry and put in a 100-grain field tip. When shooting I quickly noticed they flew differently than my other arrows. This meaning that they flew straighter. I also noticed how nice they were to pull out of my target block that I have. This is due to a patented outer wrap they call Buff Tuff. It makes the arrow very strong never wares off and pulls 60% easer out of the target. With other arrows I have had to put the block on the ground, grasp the arrow with two hands and pull. Not with the Maxima arrows. I used one-hand and they pulled out ever so nicely, even after 200 shots. I guess it pays to spend $72.00 for a half-dozen; the arrows definitely make a difference.
I started shooting at further distances with the Maxima’s along with the other arrows I own. I soon found that I was shooting the Maxima’s more than my other “name-brand” arrows. I decided to go a step further in my testing and shoot through two-inch and four-inches of pink insulated foam board. Others arrows build friction and get stuck in the foam board quickly and are hard to remove. Not the Maxima’s. Again they pulled out with ease. The next test was done on purpose and it involved me blasting a Maxima through ½ inch piece of plywood and it stopped just before the fletchings. I thought that this was going to lead to a loss of an arrow. Wrong! The arrow actually came out smooth with little work. I tested the arrow for cracks and if any change in rolling straight no damage! I have to say that so far I enjoy shooting the Maxima’s.
Article Written by: Gary Elliott​

·
Registered
172 Posts
the only arrows i shoot

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have tried these and honestly they are my favorite by far. I noticed they would penetrate my target further than any of my other arrows shot from my bow, the problem I have with them is price. I can get a set of arrows for half the price that do the job. I love Maxima's but I cannot afford them and I would really hate to lose a $12 arrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Carbon Express MaxHunter 250/350 arrows are the best, with their built-in weight forward, they can't be beat, and yes they do cost more, but they are worth every penny or dollar in this case you pay for them. I believe that I may have about 24 of these arrows 250/350.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I've been on the fence about buying these because I dont believe in celebrity endorsments. I'm now off the fence and will pick up a dozen of these to finish out the season.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Tried others and always come back wish I would have learn ed this a long time ago would have saved alot of cash. The best there is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts