Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a portable press for my bow (a Hoyt Vantage X7), and wondering whether there is any limitation on ATA lengths.

From what I've read, the Bowmaster seems to be the most popular choice, while a few swear by the Ratchet-Loc.

The manufacturer's websites don't seem to have any specs though - so, anybody know whether these presses would work on a long (41') A2A bow such as the Vantage? And if so, which one do you think would work better?
I gather the Ratchet-Loc supports both split and solid limbs right out of the box, while I'd have to get an additional split limb bracket for the Bowmaster.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
No problem.

I have used a bowmaster on a 46 in. ATA bow and still had room to adjust it longer if needed.
Its portable.
They also make a nice oil tanned leather case for storage or transport as an accesary.Fits nice in a bow case.
The one I got was in the 10 or 12 dollar range.

· Registered
34,432 Posts
You will be fine.....

I used to use one of those on my old Pro Tecs with 3000's and they were longer then the Vantage. There was plenty of room left for a longer bow also.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.