Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
16,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Maxxis 35 that I love and it is set at 29in draw with the #3 cam. I have also owned the Alphamax 35 with the same cam set at the same draw, so I know they are out there, yet looking for data is like looking for bigfoot. I saw on another current thread a similar question. Hoyt doesn't have any info posted on their tune charts and a lot of guys I talk to say they don't make that cam/draw combo.
Anyone have the offical "from Hoyt" answer to this Lock Ness Monster????

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
You can put together that combo. Hoyt ships out the #2 cam with an "E" mod as standard for the 29" draw length. Why it's not listed in the tune charts ?? Hoyt said they don't build them.... 29" draw and a #3 cam.

Getting the specs for that setup....a phone call to Hoyt would be in order.

I guess it only makes sense. Why have the same bow with the same draw length with two cam options. It had to stop somewhere.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
For the Alphamax 35. I should have said that. Just as far as the history of the issue.

·
Registered
14,317 Posts
Hoyt probably does not list the 29" setting on their tune charts because they want people to shoot the #2 cam because it is a lot faster at 29". Hoyt will tell you that the bow will perform better and it does. If you want the tune specs for yours at 29" with the #3 cam then just look at any of the other #3 cams specs. They are all the same. The only thing that changes is the module. ATA, Brace Height, string and cable lengths all are the same.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
What exactly is your question?

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Hoyt probably does not list the 29" setting on their tune charts because they want people to shoot the #2 cam because it is a lot faster at 29". Hoyt will tell you that the bow will perform better and it does. If you want the tune specs for yours at 29" with the #3 cam then just look at any of the other #3 cams specs. They are all the same. The only thing that changes is the module. ATA, Brace Height, string and cable lengths all are the same.
Tell him what he's won Jim........................:shade:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts