Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people know about this bow and do you think hoyt should have advertised it as something different since its not really a maxxis 35? I am just curious to see what the masses think?

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
How many people know about this bow and do you think hoyt should have advertised it as something different since its not really a maxxis 35? I am just curious to see what the masses think?
:mg::secret::confused:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well I'm a Hoyt dealer and this is the first time I have ever heard of one. Maybe Hoyt doesn't want me to know about it.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a dealer too and i just got made to look like a jerk cuz I had no Idea it exsited! I know now. They aren't going to update there books or tech manuals either so they say.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I am a dealer too and i just got made to look like a jerk cuz I had no Idea it exsited! I know now. They aren't going to update there books or tech manuals either so they say.
I was disappointed as well to hear that it wasn't likely to be in shops.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was disappointed as well to hear that it wasn't likely to be in shops.
I have one at my shop and didn't know. I didn't submit the order nor did I unpack the bows, but I don't think its cool that I have no info on a bow I am suposed to sell.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are making a LONG DRAW version it has XT1000 limbs not ARC's and a number 3 cam goes from 30-32 inches.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a custom shop bow that got sent to the wrong shop. Maybe?
Nope I called they are offering it standard. They just didn't make that official until after the books were printed. You can order it that way from any hoyt dealer.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
i've been shooting one (31.5") for just about two months now. the limbs are xt1000 slim limbs. the ata is 36" with a 8" bh. i've owned maybe 15 hoyts in the past nine years and this is the most enjoyable to shoot of the lot. a total tack driver and holds like a rock. it's not a burner though. if you want a speed bow, go elsewhere but it will tear up a asa course.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hoyt does that. They'll have it where you can get things a little more "custom" to your liking then anythings.

As in, say you want limbs that are 65lb limbs. Hoyt can do that. For a fee of course. Remember, time is money. And you have the money, Hoyt has the time.

~Dustin

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Hoyt Dealer too... And my light just came on:secret::embara::sleep:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I think that is more good news than bad. here's a bow nobody had to wait for. They just show up unexpectantly........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would kill (not really) to shoot one with xts 500 limbs. I like the maxxis with 7 in brace height and at 30.5in draw length I don't need the length of the xts1000 limbs. I'm looking for a little longer ATA especially at full draw and I'm pretty sure a maxxis with xts500 (less arc) limbs would be perfect. I called Hoyt to see they could make one but was told to buy an alphamax. Hoyt said they didn't have specs for maxxis with xts 500 limbs. I would have to make custom strings and cables to get the correct preload.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts