Votes: 38 69.1%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is a better bow and Why?
I shoot 53lbs. and have a 27.5 in. draw.

Archerykid

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think if your looking at a bow then shoot it. Only you can decide what bow feels best to you. Its like being with a woman. She may be great with you but bad with someone else. I do shoot a Maxxis and love it. Its smooth fast and on the money once tuned and set up. I just ordered a string stop to try and get it a little bit quieter. Its light too. Just depends on what you like. All bows made today will do the job but u need to find out what you like. With what your looking for in draw weight and lingth youll do jut fine. The Alpha Max is still a great bow too and the Katara though a bit more weight vs. the others it feels great too. They are also not as high in price and you can still buy them brand new at the pr shops. Hope that helps.

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump: and only reply if you have shot or own one of these bows. I cannot shoot either of these bows since I don't have a dealer close.

Archerykid

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump:

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have the maxxis 35 and absolutely love it. If you are in LaPorte Indiana, there is a Hoyt dealer about 40 minutes east of you down in Nappanee.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
both great bows

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Don't think you'll get an unbiased poll here on AT ArcheryKid. The place is swarming with Hoyt lovers who mostly never shot the AlienZ! Heck...I never shot the AlienZ so I can't vote! The Maxxis is a pretty fair bow however, which I thought it shot pretty smooth.

I didn't buy it though. I didn't like it that much.

Um, is this even really a fair comparison? :confused:

If you want history, if you want a solid reputation, if you want quality, if you want accuracy, if you want strength, if you want craftsmanship, if you want no BS and if you simply want none other than the best hunting bow out there on the market today...then you want the MAXXIS!!! :wink:

Do you see what I mean?

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,055 Posts

If you want history, if you want a solid reputation, if you want quality, if you want accuracy, if you want strength, if you want craftsmanship, if you want no BS and if you simply want none other than the best hunting bow out there on the market today...then you want the MAXXIS!!! :wink:

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,055 Posts
Do you see what I mean?
Nothing wrong with speaking the truth...no bais here, just personal experience that has led me to my conclusion. :smile:

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't think you'll get an unbiased poll here on AT ArcheryKid. The place is swarming with Hoyt lovers who mostly never shot the AlienZ! Heck...I never shot the AlienZ so I can't vote! The Maxxis is a pretty fair bow however, which I thought it shot pretty smooth.

I didn't buy it though. I didn't like it that much.

Do you see what I mean?
Yeah I know

·
Registered
24,837 Posts

history- um martins been around how long?
rep- know for amazing custumer service and accurate bows
quality- uses barnsdale limbs, great riser and cams
strength- havnt heard of a alien snapping in half or exploding
craftmans ship- its a alien x. one of a kind design and built great
accuracy- broke 2 arrows sighting it in with the first 4 or 5 shots. sounds accurate to me.
hunting- light weight, balance is good and i killed a deer with mine so. check

price- aliens hundreds cheaper

both bows are great although i like my alien x more then all hoyts i shot. katera is a close second

to the OP havnt you shot both already? thought you had a maxxis on order, then a alein then back to maxxis. the decision is killing you isnt it haha.

at least your making sure you get the one you want the first time. there not cheap

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha Sawtooth you have no idea. The decision is killing me.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
Haha Sawtooth you have no idea. The decision is killing me.
i know man. i went through it with my shot gun, and bow. both times it was ahard decision

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is so ironic. I just bought my Remington 1100 and went through the same thing.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
A lot is said/made of the Alien. I shot it. It was not bad, but I don't even like the looks of it. The Maxxis 35 is awesome. Very accurate.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
That is so ironic. I just bought my Remington 1100 and went through the same thing.
love the 1100. my neighbor gave me a mint condition 1100 20ga a few years ago. my favorite shotgun i own. shoots so nice.

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I know what you mean I just put a few boxes of shells through it today and it has absolutely no kick and I'm shooting a 12 gauge.

·
Bone Collector
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:bump:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts