Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody tell me which one I should buy @ why. I shot both of them @ still can not make up my mind HELP!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Maxxis. Why???? I bought one. Best reason I can think of:wink:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys aren't helping much

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I like the draw on the Destroyer better over the XTR cams- at least the 350. And I prefer the flex guard over a static guard (in theory-time will tell how well the flex guard really works and how durable it is).

Feel at the shot & noise levels are roughly the same- Maxxis are very much improved- but the Destroyer is quicker.

But if you like the draw of the XTR cams- you really cannot go wrong with a Hoyt bow- solid proven designs with a crappile of R&D $ into them year after year after year-whereas the Destroyers are still an unknown w/ new technology not proven on a production scale.

Tough call. Flip a coin?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
I know, just funnin. But really what can anyone say? Some will like one and some will like the other. In MY opinion the Destroyer is better, and I shot both of these bows as well as the z7 and monster 7. The destroyer just felt right. There will be opinions both ways with good points made for each bow, there is no real wrong or right answer. They are both great bows, it just comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My personal preferance is to pick the right bow I just have no clue which one that is. I finally save up enough money to buy a bow and can not pull the trigger.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Did you have any preference when you shot them?

·
Registered
675 Posts
For me it came down to the monster 7 and destroyer 340. It was kinda hard for me to make a decision too. You need to, if possible, go shoot both bows side by side and see if you dont like one better. You cant really go wrong either way.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate the tec riser of the hoyt but it shot the smoothest. the destroyer was faster with better new technology

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I hate the tec riser of the hoyt but it shot the smoothest. the destroyer was faster with better new technology
Just wondering how " NEW " technology can be better. :dontknow:

·
Registered
392 Posts
im a bow company that is advertising the heck out of this new state of the art gonna blow every bow out of the water fastest bow ever designed quietest best drawing smoothest bow ever in the history of bows since bows were invented.... doh!!!!! sorry guys we are going to have to recall this bow since it FREAKIN BLOWS UP IN PEOPLES HANDS!!! ouch bt

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
You can pull off a Hoyt splinter, sand it, and go hunting. Im not so sure that the lacerations, abrasions, or contusions when pieces from the breaking bow struck the user.

·
Registered
392 Posts
originally Posted by turkeysroost
I hate the tec riser of the hoyt but it shot the smoothest. the destroyer was faster with better new technology.

since when did the riser shoot the arrow???? and explain better new as opposed to worse new technology

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please no bashing, just good pros and cons for both bows.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts