Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got a 2009 Ultra Elite a few months ago, it shoots well but it feels so much different than what I'm use to. The new Maxxis feels soooooo smooth.

I'm toying with the thought of selling the UE and getting a Maxxis, I'm a major 3-d shooter and all my shooting buddies tell me that the UE is far and away a better shooter. So some of you Maxxis owners tell me what you think.

Wise to sell the UE and pick up a Maxxis for the upcoming ASA season?

Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
The ultra is an awesome bow with spirals it has plenty of speed too the only one i would even consider for a 35 bow is the maxxis 35 the 31 is just kind of short for my personal taste

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I really like my UltraElite, but I'll bet the Maxxis is pretty slick too. I doubt one is inherently more accurate than the other, it's more what you like. You've got a good one in the UE but if you think you will shoot better with a Maxxis it will be hard to get the voice out of your head...

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think the UE is a fantastic bow but not necesarily better than a Maxxis. I shot a UE with 2000's and Spiral"s for a while but am looking forward to getting my Maxxis 35 for 3d. I really like the way these bows with longer risers feel. I think the speed will be about the same.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'd be very surprised if the Ultra Elite was better than the Maxxis 35. They have a different grip, so if the bare metal doesn't feel right to you try the Maxxis 35 and see if it sits better in the hand for you. This new Maxxis 35 seems to be wowing shooters on both sides of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Look at it like this. The bow that feels best to you you will shoot the best. then do you think the Maxxis wil be around for 7+ years that is how long the UE has been around.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have both of them
The Maxxis 35 is a nice bow to shoot. Even for target shooting.

You can take off the grip and shoot bare metal if you like.
But the grip is fine. Or you can get side plates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts