Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OnTheWayOut
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for a friend from another forum. He is hunting in snow and is having issues with the photocell/sensor on his sight getting extremely dark and then when sun goes down, it wont lighten back up. Says he has spoken to MBG and they admitted there was an issue with this but offered no solutions. I asked him about a sight light and he stated they are illegal in Idaho. Anyone ever had this issue with MBG sights? If so, how did you correct it?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My experience is that MBG is very responsive. If he is hunting now and cannot wait, just take the cover off.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i've never heard of that issue, but with our dealings with black gold i'm sure they will take care of him

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I don't know if they are any better than they were when they first produced the light adjusting sights, but I always thought very little of mbg sights, I thought they looked cheap and had poor craftsmanship, and performed about the same...but before I used sure loc lethal weapon sights, I used viper and spot hogg...I still don't think mbg sights are anywhere near the league of these three sights, but...like I said, I have not looked at a mbg sight for a few years. I do think there are a lot of better sights on the market. if they don't take care of it, he should just buy a better sight. not trying to be a tool here, but I would get something better if I were not happy with what I were using. any issues like that would make me, 'not happy'. I cant stand when I have issues in the field while hunting...that is the last place I want to have issues....just my opinion. ...and my lethal weapon I am using now, is the model before field logic bought out sure loc and started making cheap, crappy sights...so this sight, will likely be my last sure loc. next I will be buying spot hogg, AXT, copper john, ect. sure locs new sights are crap, and I am sure steve would roll over in his grave if he knew the brand he worked so hard for so many years to build both quality sights and a great reputation...to only have a company that makes crappy targets buy them out and start making crappy sights....what a shame.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I am of the opposite opinion to Hoyt'n em, in that I have had nothing but good experience with my MBG sights... currently have the Ascent with a Vengence base on my bow(s), and it would be difficult for me to consider another due to the simplicity and excellent workmanship of their product. I hunt the late hunt in ID and the sight has had no "snow issues". I guess it depends on your personal experience... I won't touch Sureloc since their buyout (sellout) a couple years ago.

·
OnTheWayOut
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I gathered from our conversation, MBG told him the "filter" is very sensitive to uv rays and is getting bombarded by them in the snow. And coupled with the very cold temps, the "filter" is not functioning correctly. But he said that while MBG admitted there was an issue with the "filter" they offered no real solution. Maybe he didnt speak to right person. Any of you guys have a reccomendation of someone in particular he should speak with??

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I am of the opposite opinion to Hoyt'n em, in that I have had nothing but good experience with my MBG sights... currently have the Ascent with a Vengence base on my bow(s), and it would be difficult for me to consider another due to the simplicity and excellent workmanship of their product. I hunt the late hunt in ID and the sight has had no "snow issues". I guess it depends on your personal experience... I won't touch Sureloc since their buyout (sellout) a couple years ago.
I have not looked at any sights they have made in the past five or six years, so they may be awesome now...and I am also with you, I will never buy another sure loc product. same thing happened with bowtech when savage arms bought them out.....flaking limb problem started....same as when primos bought double bull out, quality INSTANTLY went into the crapper. my best friend is friends with both keith beam and brooks Johnson, and will swore to them that he would not cut corners and do ANYTHING different than double bull was doing...and wouldn't you know, the VERY FIRST RUN of double bull blinds under primos management, they started cutting corners and using cheaper materials. primos will NEVER get a penny from me either....funny how that works. it is all over the archery industry. even hoyt, which I thought would NEVER cut corners and cheapen stuff up, is making PLASTIC limb pockets, and I honestly don't think their limbs are as good since the 'five layered laminate limbs' changed to 'multi layered laminate' limbs....they are thinner, the sides painted now, and don't seem as sturdy as they were in 2012 and before...shame.

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,250 Posts
From what I gathered from our conversation, MBG told him the "filter" is very sensitive to uv rays and is getting bombarded by them in the snow. And coupled with the very cold temps, the "filter" is not functioning correctly. But he said that while MBG admitted there was an issue with the "filter" they offered no real solution. Maybe he didnt speak to right person. Any of you guys have a reccomendation of someone in particular he should speak with??
Try Ben Guttormson. Treated me fair with an issue I had.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
our rep is dustin his extension is 108 he will take care of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts