Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive narrowed my search for a single pin movable sight to either an HHA or black gold verdict. My only concern is the color on the black golds...I had an ascent ambush that I loved but couldnt stand the purple color the sight turned when out in the sun, it was like the anodizing was off or something. Have they fixed the issue or is it still happening?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I don’t notice mine doing that but I will have to look tomorrow and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
967 Posts
As far as i know, it has to do with the way of anodising and also the grade of aluminum that is being used. Also the finish of the surface, before anodising, plays a role in this. One of my black arrow rests turns out to look a bit brown, in surtain lighting conditions. Other parts look more grey or blue. It`s hard to build up a bow with parts from different compagnies and on the same time have an exact match. Except or go crazy.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
I have ascent verdicts on all my bows, hunted from the tundra to the mexico boarder with them and had zero issues. they are plenty tough. The finish is still the same color as the day i bought them

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it has been fixed or I just had a dud lol. I love everything about the black golds except that problem I had. I just feel with a 200 dollar price tag the sight should stay black and not turn purple in the sun. Never had a problem with any other companies sights doing that except my older ascent ambush

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Sounds like it has been fixed or I just had a dud lol. I love everything about the black golds except that problem I had. I just feel with a 200 dollar price tag the sight should stay black and not turn purple in the sun. Never had a problem with any other companies sights doing that except my older ascent ambush

your not talking about the top houseing are you?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I know that turns purple for the pin brightness. Im talking about the actual metal sight its self turning a slight purple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts