Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting 18 up the first day, he followed it up w/ a 20 up second day. WOW! Great shooting Dan.

Eric Griggs came in 2nd finishing an awesome season as well. I guess they both went into the last target w/ Dan having a 2 pt lead. Eric shot a 14 putting the pressure on Dan. Well, Dan shot a 14 as well. Sure wish I would've been there for that. Bet the place erupted BIG TIME! Great shooting Eric. Those GAS strings are the shizel skipper.

Other winners include...

Women's Pro Samantha Kline
Limited Pro Joseph Goza
Senior Pro Derry Null

Three seniors had to go to a 7th arrow. Tom Crowe shot an 8, King George shot a 5 and Derry shot a center 10 for the win. Who says these guys are too old.

Congrats to all the winners. Hope to see you all a bunch next year.

·
74,535 Posts
Congradulations

Dans the man :D

Samatha looks awefull good anytime she wins.

Derry was due and no better time.

Joseph is just a shooting machine :wink:

Thatnks for the update

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
about time the crown was passed down. just needed someone that wanted it really bad. from what i have heard of Dan's routine, he wanted it pretty damn bad!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Stroud Creek said:
Guys, he walked out of there with about $31,000

hmmm....

I think i took up archery too late. i swear sometimes i shouldve been born in '83 not '73.

I bet it was rough for him to carry out so many big checks all at once.

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
Dan and Eric both nailing the 14! :mg:

Way to put the pressure on Dan boss! :wink:

But, Dan is da man!

Congrats to all that one. :star:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Asa

First of congrats to Dan, he has been hot all year. Amazing how much he has accomplished so early in his career. I had the pleasure of spending time with this young man over the winter and it doesn't surprise me considering his hard work ethics. Does anyone know what happened to the rest of the field? I wish the ASA would do a better job with their web site. It would be nice to follow the tournament as it unfolds and get updates and pics in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Dan,
Brian Visco here. Congrats man. Eric has kept me up to date almost all year. Have fun wakeing up tommorow when it all set's in.
I hope to get back to it next year and maybe travel a little. Eric ask's me all the time but i've been so busy building my monster truck that I haven't had the time. Anyway great job. Hoyt rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Well good for Dan, he earned it and deserves it, with that being said I'll be looking for ole Jeff Hopkins to come back with a vengence, after all, all the great ones do.. :shade: :sleep: just as though from someone that can't hold a candle and no merit either. :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Best shootdown I've seen.Congrats to Dan and Eric both.Great scores all around.My class was won by Chris Hall 26 up for the weekend.Some young fellow shot a perfect round.20 12's.WOW

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'm a bit biased but I thought it was a great weekend. Weather was hot but not brutal. Overcast skies kept it down a bit. Some huge numbers by several folks in different classes.

As mentioned a youth boy shooter shot a 240. Not many folks could do that no matter how short the stakes. That is a 30 yard class. I talked to Troy Pickles whose son Nathan finished second. Nathan shot 52 up and came in second. :eek:

Semi Pro was super tight. Andrew Callaway won with a 20 up. Aaron Yost shot 19 up & won SOY and Steve Simspon shot 18 up (even though he had me chirping in his ear all weekend).

I have some shootdown photos that are out of focus that I will post (you can't use a flash while the guys are shooting and in those dark conditions it s tough on a snapamatic camera).

Hopefully these photos posted. If so the first is Eric getting ready, then his score, then Dan getting ready and his score.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.